ANy experience with Zopiclone sleeping pills on here?

J

JPG2502

anyone tried these? i have been on and off them since the summer this year. currently on my fourth prescription but i am extremely worried now as i feel i cannot sleep without them! and even then i still dont get a great nights sleep.
i am on 7.5 and have been cutting them in half so having half at bedtime then when i wake up in the night i will have the other half.
right now i feel like i am going to collapse, i am sure its the pills,
i dont know what to do about this situation or how i am going to live without them?
whats your experience?

L

letmein

anyone tried these? i have been on and off them since the summer this year. currently on my fourth prescription but i am extremely worried now as i feel i cannot sleep without them! and even then i still dont get a great nights sleep.
i am on 7.5 and have been cutting them in half so having half at bedtime then when i wake up in the night i will have the other half.
right now i feel like i am going to collapse, i am sure its the pills,
i dont know what to do about this situation or how i am going to live without them?
whats your experience?
used them for years... not all good.

W

*winofunk*

I was only prescribed zopiclone for 1 week to aid sleep. They certainly helped me sleep, but when I woke up my mouth tasted like I had been sucking on stainless steel cutlery in my sleep.

After that I was given zolpidem, which also helped. But I have only ever been prescribed either for short periods.

I have been warned that they lose their effect when taken for long periods, but more importantly that they are highly addictive.

When my poor sleeping pattern continued, I was directed to try alternatives to medication - mindfulness, exercise, relaxation techniques etc.

If you are worried, it is always best to speak to the MHT or GP.