• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Any experience on fixing/coping with anhedonia?

S

SadRainbow

I've not been able to enjoy anything really for about six months now. It's making life really hard especially with depression. In the past when I was depressed I could still at least enjoy some things. I wish I had any solutions or tips to share 😕

T E_90

T E_90

I'm the last person who could help you in this, since I only get pleasure from shallow things and in any case this pleasure doesn't last long and is generally unsatisfactory, shortly after I find myself as before.
I guess thinking there's worse in life helps.

SoftRain

SoftRain

I have not been able to enjoy hobbies I used to have, they just dont inspire me right now. But I also watch a baby a lot so I have very little time for them. I cope by staying busy with housework, watching the baby, and coming on the forum. I am half excited though to take my grand daughter to a new play house tomorrow. SO not all is lost.

S

Stormycat

I have not been able to enjoy hobbies I used to have, they just dont inspire me right now. But I also watch a baby a lot so I have very little time for them. I cope by staying busy with housework, watching the baby, and coming on the forum. I am half excited though to take my grand daughter to a new play house tomorrow. SO not all is lost.
Thanks for sharing! Yea I’ll try to find something to distract myself...

S

Stormycat

I've not been able to enjoy anything really for about six months now. It's making life really hard especially with depression. In the past when I was depressed I could still at least enjoy some things. I wish I had any solutions or tips to share 😕
Have you thought about antidepressant? I want to try Wellbutrin. A friend of mine recommended

Wishbone

Wishbone

I'm just gonna post this link to studies and maybe come back to it tomorrow to see what I can find within them anhedonia - PMC - NCBI

But for now...I remember reading something about the reward mechanisms being messed up so maybe you could try forcing things you used to like a lot upon yourself and see if that has any impact?

S

SadRainbow

I'm just gonna post this link to studies and maybe come back to it tomorrow to see what I can find within them anhedonia - PMC - NCBI

But for now...I remember reading something about the reward mechanisms being messed up so maybe you could try forcing things you used to like a lot upon yourself and see if that has any impact?
I've been doing that. Hasn't worked so far unfortunately.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Had a quick read of one and saw this:

"...[the] broaden-and-build model, which proposes that when an individual is in a positive emotional state, she/he will react to environmental cues in a “broader” fashion, trying out ambiguous options rather than simply pursuing those guaranteed to be positive. This model is consistent with a rich animal literature demonstrating that in more positive (enriched) environmental contexts, animals engage in greater exploratory vs. exploitative reward-related behavior"

It's getting late, but I take that to mean that enriching your environment may have an impact on how much you want to pay attention to it or be involved with it.
So, disco balls on the ceiling all round! 😁

S

SadRainbow

"...[the] broaden-and-build model, which proposes that when an individual is in a positive emotional state, she/he will react to environmental cues in a “broader” fashion, trying out ambiguous options rather than simply pursuing those guaranteed to be positive. This model is consistent with a rich animal literature demonstrating that in more positive (enriched) environmental contexts, animals engage in greater exploratory vs. exploitative reward-related behavior"

It's getting late, but I take that to mean that enriching your environment may have an impact on how much you want to pay attention to it or be involved with it.
Heh! My house already looks like a unicorn vomited everywhere 😁

M

Misssad1111

Have you thought about antidepressant? I want to try Wellbutrin. A friend of mine recommended
you should try it. it's unique from other antidepressants in that it works on the dopamine receptor which is the pleasure area. it will help you with anhedonia for sure :loveshower:

S

Stormycat

you should try it. it's unique from other antidepressants in that it works on the dopamine receptor which is the pleasure area. it will help you with anhedonia for sure :loveshower:
Thanks for sharing! I’m taking it!

S

Stormycat

Thanks for your posting! Appreciate!