• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

any doctors on this site?

J

jo1261

any 'doctors' on this site? i want a public conversation with him/her about the 'medication'

P

propane

I don't think there are any doctors.
What do you need to know about your medications anyway?

J

jo1261

i know that the drugs have caused me and many others excruciating physical pain, before and now (years later), i know that most 'doctors' in psych insitutions are ignorant brain butchers, and that there are no 'doctors' who have ever tried out neuroleptic drugs. i wonder why?
i have just had another gnawing jabbing headache for the past 36 hours. been bedridden. its like being semiconscious. this is caused by the neuroleptics which i was made to take years ago and nothing else. i have told 'doctors' about this but they have no answers and just say its a side effect that i have to endure.

J

jo1261

there are no 'doctors' on this site probably because they know they will lose the argument as to whether neuroleptic drugs are antipsychotic or not. and also they would have to justify why no 'doctors' have tried neuroleptic drugs.

psych 'doctors' are cowards

P

propane

Neuroleptic drugs are killers, no one, except "mentally ill" would ever be forced to take them. Perhaps they could be useful on very small doses but that's not how they are used in real life.

:mad:

S

*Sapphire*

there are no 'doctors' on this site probably because they know they will lose the argument as to whether neuroleptic drugs are antipsychotic or not. and also they would have to justify why no 'doctors' have tried neuroleptic drugs.

psych 'doctors' are cowards
I often wonder whether certain psychiatrists are just elevated and educated drug dealers working for the biggest dealers around, the pharms.

I am sorry your drugs have left you with so many issues. And no I don't think it is something you have to accept. Have you tried writing to the pharm company supplying that neuroleptic to see if your side effects are well known? Are those side effects written on the leaflet that you read before taking them? Is the drug still on the market. If so I would pursue those lines and see what comes of it.

Take care Jo, I hope you feel better soon :hug:

J

jo1261

Neuroleptic drugs are killers, no one, except "mentally ill" would ever be forced to take them. Perhaps they could be useful on very small doses but that's not how they are used in real life.

:mad:
i was made to take them at varying dosage levels, just to see if it has an effect. allsorts of neuroleptic drugs are casually dispensed in the hospital i was in just to see if it effects the inpatient, before any diagnosis was made

A

Apotheosis

Nothing has changed… “Physicians pour drugs of which they know little to cure diseases of which they know less, into humans of whom they know nothing.” Voltaire (1694-1778)

A

Apotheosis

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUlCLQMRKeE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lUlCLQMRKeE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

J

jo1261

And no I don't think it is something you have to accept.
if i was in the hospital and made these facts known i would be totally ignored and the dose would be increased

Are those side effects written on the leaflet that you read before taking them? Is the drug still on the market.
i wasnt given anything to read before i was given the drug, olanzapine

S

*Sapphire*

if i was in the hospital and made these facts known i would be totally ignored and the dose would be increased
I can understand that very well. They made me take chlorpromazine once in hospital and I asked specifically for all the information. This was because they gave me too much Lorazepam at one point and I ended up hallucinating. I had no idea because every time they offered me another one, I was so zombied out from the last one I didn't even realise I was taking more, or have the level of consciousness to say no. When they realised they were giving me too much and it was dangerous they stopped it suddenly and I went into terrible withdrawal with almost fatal results.

When I asked for the info on chlorpromazine she read out the literature from a med book designed for doctors, so I did not understand the information given to me. When I asked what it meant in laymens terms they brushed me off :mad:

i wasnt given anything to read before i was given the drug, olanzapine
In hospitals they rarely do, it is just given to you in a plastic cup and you are meant to take it without question otherwise risk being branded a 'difficult patient'.

I am sorry you are suffering with such ill effects. I was on olanzapine for two years and touch wood have not had those side effects from taking it. I did suffer with others which is why I took myself off it by myself. It is wrong that very often people prescribing it often only give you the best case scenario rather than the worst when they prescribe it.

I hope you start to feel better soon :hug:

M

mad as a hatter

then if u refuse 2 take it they stick a needle in u ne way well they did 2 me ona few occasions

schiz01

schiz01

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UA71wfk0ctc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UA71wfk0ctc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

P

propane

Forced drugging is nothing but Spanish inquisition in its modern form.
I would treat "difficult patients" with straightjackets or something, not with dangerous drugs.

J

jamesdean

Why not start a group for all the people that are so against the drugs,I have to say how valuable they are in my life, I dont even worry about side effects and I'm on a lot more with physical health and insulin etc.

Though playing devils advocate Why not include smoking because this is by far the worst drug for side effects including causing cancer not to mention how F*****g disgusting it really is someone was talking to me the other day with a fag in his hand n I had to ask him to move away, then theres the alchol drug for some people this is just like throwingmoney down the drain but unfournately some people need it.

Sorry to be going off in one but surely it is only until you have beat those two n I have it took me many many years but I have done it I drink a max of 4 pints of lager a month, not to say how much more money is left in your pocket.

Though then spending became a drug for me n got into a mess that is even harder to get out of.

May be life is the drug maybe I will become an adrenalin junkie