Any Advice?

D

Dollit

Basically claim for whatever she can - Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, ESA is she's not deemed fit to work, JSA if she is. The CAB may help with a list of benefits and advice.

Merlin

Merlin

My god......... these benefits are a minefield to sort out!!! I was stressed to the hilt, never mind my girl.......I thought ... stupidly... there would be a nice little office somewhere, where we would explain the situation to a nice man in a suit.... who understood about bi polar... fill the forms in... and her money would be quick in coming!!! And her housing benefit sorted at the same time..

What actually happened was ..... we were passed from pillar to post, had to fill in countless forms in countless offices, and saw countless twits in each one.......... ARGH!!!! Some clueless 12yr old angered me that much, condescending little fart, that I ended up putting in a formal complaint... How ever do they expect people with MH problems to go through that?

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
merlin. sorry you are having problems with claiming benefits. Are you trying to claim for your or your daughter?

I still claim for my daughter even though she is with my parents and i just pass the money over each week when i get it to save all the hassle.

I hope your daughter is out of hospital soon.

Merlin

Merlin

merlin. sorry you are having problems with claiming benefits. Are you trying to claim for your or your daughter?

I still claim for my daughter even though she is with my parents and i just pass the money over each week when i get it to save all the hassle.

I hope your daughter is out of hospital soon.
Sorry .. should have explained properly, my daughter has been discharged, and I was trying to help her sort out her benefits.

Merlin

Merlin

Gosh you lot must think I'm incredibly stupid, I'm always on here for help.....
My girl has been prescribed Sodium valporate as a mood stabilizer and Quetipine as an anti physcotic, we were told by the hospital phyc that she would gradually reduce the Quetipine but remain on the Sodium Valporate for life.
Now a Community Dr has come in and left the Quetipine but reduced the Sodium Valporate, Does Quetipine cause weight gain? I know Sodium valporate does.