• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Any advice

I

invisible man

I just feel at the moment that Life just isnt worth living. Im 25 (m) and have been battling depression and anxiety for most of my life, its literally taking my life from me. I am terrified of the future and getting older. I'm not very rational and often erratic and dont trust myself these days when it comes to making decisions. I feel like im forever trapped in a vicious cycle as i hardly leave the house. Im tired 24/7 and sick of this constant suffering. I'm not very comfortable around people anymore and feel doomed.

A

Autumnwinter

Not sure if this is much help but I ignore the future. Honestly the fact that I will have to have the same battles for the next few decades scares the crap out of me.

Instead I focus on just getting through the week, day or hour depending on how shit I am feeling. I know things go up and down one day I feel awful the next day not as awful so I focus on getting to the next not awful day.

I try make small plans or goals and work towards that.

I

invisible man

Thanks for the reply, that doesnt sound a bad plan tbf, hope you start getting more brighter days.

A

Autumnwinter

I think its overwhelming to try think about feeling this crap forever 🤣 some days I feel so tired not matter how much sleep I get and it really pisses me off.

Yet I know around the corner there will be a day where I feel less tired and can actually do somethings and that makes me feel great!

I try to keep a routine even if it's just one thing such as having a shower every other day but most weeks I might only wash once.

Annoyingly it's a sad circle the less I do the less I want to do. Wish they would make a motivation pill 🤣

Catty5

Catty5

Hello

I’m severely depressed and anxious since I quit Lexapro that I was on for 15+years. I had to quit it due to my health issue. I’m focus on “one day at a time” right now. I’m up and down even in one day.

I think I got depressive genes.
But I was doing relatively ok by having a relatively normal life for 15+years on Lexapro.
Please try to find an effective med if you want to take med.