• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

any advice?

G

gemma

hi any advice on how to deal with voices injecting thoughts into your brain and helping you plan how to kill people, primarily your immediate family?

parker

parker

When ever i got the not me thoughts i laughed at them. For some strange reason they stopped.

G

gemma

that's interesting, thanks for your input :)

no idea if it will work for me but we are all different i am crtainly willing to give it a shot tho!

xD

S

*Sapphire*

I get constant repetitive thoughts some times...one of them is 'I want to die'. They can occur at almost any time but are usually related to anxiety.

For me I try to look at the emotion attached to the thought, so I guess for me if I thought I wanted to kill someone I would trace it back, 'am I angry at that person for something? Do I just want them to go away for a while and leave me in peace? Am I scared that I will lose them? What am I feeling right now?

Then I try to challenge it. So for me if I am thinking 'I want to die' over and over (yes it gets like a broken record for me at times) I challenge it out loud and say "I want to Live! I'm just having a moment, that's all!" And then try to live in the moment and focus all of my energies into what I am doing there and then.

I'm sure voices are so much more difficult to live with, but I wondered if there was anything in that that might be helpful.

Did you sleep okay gemma?

G

gemma

that was great thank you :) yeah i can relate to the I want to die thing and I know I would kill myself before I did anything bad to my family so it's not so worrying. I would still rather have a way to channel the thoughts away like you suggested, thanks I will try that. I have conversations with my little man and we do discuss these things and sometimes if im thinking clearly i can give a counter arguement but lately I'm weak almost like he has injected that thoughts permanently into my brain or something.

and yup I slept ok i guess thanks, was a little worried over last nights events but i got over it, todays a new day after all :)

how are you? did you sleep well too?

K

kellymom

I want a hearing aid which really works for a profound hearing loss no matter how expensive it is. please help me.

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

One thing I've worked out with the voices in my head, never listen to them, they don't say anything constructive or helpful in any way, shape or form....

S

saltandpepper

kellimom,
I keep the television and/or radio playing 24/7, all day and night, which keeps them out of my hair. Good distraction, and such that I now can't stand to be without it. I"m also one that sleeps in a totally blacked-out bedroom in order to get some peace, don't want them watching or messing with me while I sleep. There is a voices coping strategies poster here.. As far as hearing aid devices to blunt them out, well, there is a thread on this forum titled "metallic earplugs" and another thread called "home remedy" which might interest you, claims to totally mute the voices, sends them back into the subconscious....
Sal

T

terri

:oops:
kellimom,
I keep the television and/or radio playing 24/7, all day and night, which keeps them out of my hair. Good distraction, and such that I now can't stand to be without it. I"m also one that sleeps in a totally blacked-out bedroom in order to get some peace, don't want them watching or messing with me while I sleep. There is a voices coping strategies poster here.. As far as hearing aid devices to blunt them out, well, there is a thread on this forum titled "metallic earplugs" and another thread called "home remedy" which might interest you, claims to totally mute the voices, sends them back into the subconscious....
Sal
hey sir, what's that for, and why are we here, and do we have any differences of s'pinion and so on and so forth, and gosh it is hot here, and have you ever heard of psychosit and do you nunderstand sall and we are having a ball now and you know someone who feels sick now, and gospel, it os it is me now, and gosh you and he are such firm friends I wonder if you would mind if I joined your debate, and should you experience any anger from my response to your questions back, baton rouge it, and so on and so now mr return cc, I sorted myself out and pressed a wong buffon so buffoon i so am and so do explosion and do idnore me, for did not mean to, and findures on the womp kezs for ev come on back on to baffon rouing and have to get used to brand new keyboards and squizzled it up a bit so hope you all sorted now and donna minda someone doing somethng lioke going off a rail and like i do so no mean and lo down low and so on and so am so off now and sorted now and clouding sup now and am off for face book nows and boffins beware for ides of mars are a comin soon and so are we for after your bloob and doo on and blub i do so mean so lubber a sway for you had better for the stories i godda god darn tell you would make a nero cry and so on and so forth and so no more as and buts and ifs and swhens I have learnt my lessons and do so know i had guiders and from over the otherside who were extremely naughpie and exceptionally talented in the gifts of the blotter and so blotted out those p and q and s and ps and qs and sussses and ssussed it out now professor marius and i do quite hope so and don't forget, sir, to doh read my profit, and somehow you might seem to have losft your sense of saneness andyour sense of numour and somehow my docptors from up zer rose tree lane has got it in for me, what again, and sorted now, so not a slot of paranoid now, and of course not, for he had sended me a letter, long long ago, when i was overseas and only just come to life now, and what it says is as swallows:

Dear Madam,

You have sent me an insane letter and so I suppose that what you want is for me to go ahead and get all of your medical records for me to check through for I have no idea what they wrote over on your private notes while you was in the Mental Asylum, so rather a daft idea, Mrs. So and So, and so what you want to do is proceed, and so what you have to understand is that you have to pay me lots of money for me to do that for you, for there is nko free time left for me to do you as a case notes style of study, for (ha ha from me then there) what I do is sit on the receptionists desk, and answer all those rather insignificant questions from all those ill people, you know the one's, the one's who follow through from the doctors' diagnosis of schizophrenia, and hypothesis, and always the hypocondriacs, and the ones who do not accept their doctors words, and so what they do is ring my life line, on the local receptionists counter, with all the chairs set out in the waiting room, with all and sundry popping in and out and a listening, and some using the spare toilet, and some not washing their hands properly as stated on that notice of how to do it exact you see, from the photographs for those who cant read, and in braille for those who are blind, so touch with poo poo and wee wee hands now, and so sorry to disturb you now, for never one for health and safety and have have haf haf to tell you and doh tell you for sniff sniff for my so true love has left me, that there are no more health and safety rules in sloffenia zhan there are over at baton rou and so many people are barkingly upset for no such reason other than they fall down stairs for they have no bannister rails and the girls skip up and down stairs in their flip flops and no fears and circular stairs now you see and so on and half finished houses with no more money, and so they do cut our grass, and a large plot of land, for all of 90 euros a go, oh I say, and what do I find out, the young teenager has no more than 5 euros a month, and does not spend it as she likes, and always for the work, and the cooking and cleaning and the cutting and mowing and the challenge of it all was the day when I said to her, now you do go figure, and so what I did say was:

Hey, Larissa, you want to earn yourself some pocket money, and she goes says, dobra dobra ya ya ya and I go, how much for watering my tomatoes while away, and she goes hummmm, I'd better go ask my mum, and off she skips, and comes back and says, with mouth downcast, not one euro then, mar tha, and not even two euros, my muffer sayeth I haff to do for free, and I go, ah, come here and so on and so on and so pop and biscuits and so on and so somehow she does not always get her pocket money, and all of 14 now, and so what a sweet and off for the hotel diana and off for a swim and a sauna and a steam and with her brother and her mother and her auntie and her grandmother and jacuzzie and so what they all do know is.....

all together now, put your conckers on zhe tables put your nose on your face, put your picks of cherries on those tables ahead, we are having fun, sitting on the Badger, having a glass of whatever's said.

So tongue for now

love you s'lots

Your Hannie's ho Ham Hmmm Bra and your Annie

Mc you are Coy you R, lol, hmmmms as well. Maweezhuh

T

terri

oh n ps, my drop off to sleep help cure is no more than.....

bliss

hmmm

Z'bra