anxious

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
came back from my sisters in brum thur, the train was awful, people standing most of the way, people talking around me, don't know if it counts as voices but can't take it

my sister has my brother in a wheelchair after a stroke living with her, my mother is also senile 97 in a home there, she visits

i feel bad she's under pressure that doesn't stop london mental health services blackmailing her through me to care for me, putting pressure on me to phone her by refusing any other help

the only way i can see mental health supporting me is if they're legally required to under an aftercare section of the mental health act and even then they'll expect family to do the bulk of the caring

Z

Zoe1

I have had the same struggle
and I got an advocate from here :

POhWER

its free, its independent mental health advocates

I dont know where I would be without them

:grouphug:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
says it delivers complaints advocacy to certain boroughs i don't think my borough is one that funds them, could phone up and check i guess

Z

Zoe1

k yes if you contact them
they may be able to recommend something in your area
if they dont

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i know whats available in my area i had to advocate for myself just to get an advocate, he saw me once, took me to the homeless place to join a peer support volunteer mentor thing, then disapeared, the volunteer mentor i find patronising, reading between the lines he's got mental health problems himself, he's on benefits and i'm wondering how he handles volunteering with all the beurocracy, but theres a benefit reference in it for me and if i turn up at the gp with someone the wait is less in case they complain

the whole thing of having to go to a mental health group to get the welfare seems all very american like to me, i've seem it in american films

Z

Zoe1

having to go to a mental health group
yes I have had that experience
and having my advocate was the way out of
having to do that

I'm seeing my advocate today actually
I'm going to talk to her
about peoples difficulties finding an advocate

I will let you know how it goes

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm trying to remember my local advocacys name voiceability i think has the contract for brent iy's run by a consortium of help the aged mencap and some youngsters chatity, in brent mencap is the priority due to this activist high up, your expected to talk about cognitive impairment if you bring up mental health issues, as mencap has put it's colours on disability services in brent, something i don't like as i pride myself on intelligence

mind in brent i was going to a unusual beleifs group, then mind lost it's grant, we turned up one day and the building was shut, when i boght up minds financial problems it was not in front of the patients, they've now amalgamated with some mind in westminster, though there housing, the part that makes money, i gather still continues

i think theres a postcode lottery quite often dependent on who high up takes a personal interest and brent is low in the postcode lottery