• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxious Newbie

S

Shanook79

Hi everyone. I have joined this forum for support and advice as my anxiety is having an impact on my life. My anxiety is worse in the mornings, as soon as I open my eyes it starts. I generally don’t have trouble sleeping, but once I’m awake I can not get back to sleep because of my anxious thoughts. It can be over the most ridiculous things like, have a got clean clothes ready for today? Am I going to be able to park my car outside of work? How many emails have I got ?
Work, is a huge factor as well . I love my job but during Covid 19 work has been really stressful, I work in care so you can imagine.
I have been highly anxious all my life, but I’ve never known what it was, to the point that I would throw up. I’m not like that at the moment, but I do cry sometimes when I get completely overwhelmed with it. I have not been to the doctors, I have tried other ways to help myself but it’s not working. I am also slightly ashamed of how I let it effect my day.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Anxiety can be a crippling illness, are you getting any help for it, like therapy or medication. Unfortunately we are in a time when we cant avoid anxiety (or if you can I’d like to know how) so your emotions will be heightened . Have you tried relaxation techniques , theres planet on you tube also mindfulness breathing does help. Ive also added the forums link to anxiety

S

Shanook79

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Anxiety can be a crippling illness, are you getting any help for it, like therapy or medication. Unfortunately we are in a time when we cant avoid anxiety (or if you can I’d like to know how) so your emotions will be heightened . Have you tried relaxation techniques , theres planet on you tube also mindfulness breathing does help. Ive also added the forums link to anxiety
Hi , thank you for your reply. I guess I’ve been denying it’s anxiety for sometime, and that it is just part of who I am. I have been to the doctor before but I ended up playing it down. I hate medication, both my parents abused medication and so I’ve always had a very negative view towards it . I have tried breathing , but when I am highly anxious trying to breath is difficult and I can’t control it.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome to the forums! So sorry to hear about your troubles with anxiety. I don’t experience much in the way of anxiety myself but I am hoping that others might chime in... :grouphug: