• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxious and uncomfortable around women

Y

Ydoc2012

I’m 21 year old male and have almost no expierince with the opposite sex. I’ve kissed one girl in high school. It was really awkward and I can’t say I really enjoyed it. The only other time I’ve really touched a woman is at a strip club I went to for a friends bday and that was definitely awkward and I hated it. In that case I was obviously uncomfortable with the whole thing and it showed. All the other guys in my friends group were making fun of me for it. So basically does anyone else ever feel this discomfort around women when it comes to physical contact. I even feel uncomfortable when hugging women. I feel like I’m the only one and I’m never going to be comfortable with it if I haven’t become comfortable with it by now

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Im a female but ive always been uncomfortable with touch too. I in general dislike people even hugging me unless we are really close. I have in some way gotten over this a little bit by first hugging my friend sometimes. But also by hugging older people. They were people I found less threatening but that I normally wouldn't hug. Maybe spending time with women your not intending to date would help you get used to being around them. I dont know if that is something that could help you too but hopefully it can.

jajingna

jajingna

Are you craving touch but also uncomfortable with it? If so I guess you'd want to find someone you are comfortable with, enough to even tell her these things without fearing being judged or mocked. Being comfortable with someone enough to trust them that much, could take some time. In the meantime I guess you wanna be more at ease socially. Just talking to girls without any motive for anything physical. I dunno really, this all sounds like advice I could've used several decades ago when I was your age. I'm kind of socially awkward and anxious still, so I can feel for what you said. The things you are experiencing are common enough.