• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxious about doing tasks

N

nightstorm

I'm finding as the years go on, I get increasingly stressed and anxious about completing tasks. Let's say there is dishes piling up, rubbish that needs to be thrown out, laundry to do. Thinking about doing it (even writing it just now), makes my chest tighten and I feel like I cannot accomplish any of it. This seems to have also made its way into my work. Office job, requiring multiple things to be done in a day, the usual conflicting priorities - I don't feel like I am capable of doing these sorts of jobs anymore. My only saving grace is turning to music; chucking on my headphones and getting what I need done. However, I am being more aware of this issue and doing my best to work past it.

Does anyone have a similar experience? I'm reaching out here as I feel completely ridiculous for letting day-to-day tasks get to me like this and I am hoping to find someone that has insight or guidance.

Report Edit

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

my aunt doesn't suffer from MH problems but she let her flat get in a right tip and it cost a thousand pounds to clear it out
could you try doing one thinga day to start off with?
i struggle too but remember you are unwell and lots of people find every day tasks to do when they suffer from mental health issues xx