• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxious about being home alone.

P

PixxiePitt

I am 20 years old, and my mother is going on a two week training course, which means I will be home alone every day for two weeks. this makes me very very nervous, to even think about. I hate being home alone. It makes me so scared I need some ideas to help with my anxiety. :scared:

P

PixxiePitt

Monday its weekdays so 9-5 i might need to talk to you alot over the next two weeks to keep me somewhat sane..

angry butterfly

angry butterfly

hello pixxiepitt, welcome to the forum.
do you mean your mother is going away for two straight weeks or that she will be out all day every day for two weeks, sorry just wanted to clarify.
in any case my advice would be to keep yourself busy. perhaps your mum could give you a list of things you could do around the house, I'm sure she would appreciate that. at other times do things you like to do.
watch tv, computer, anything you like that will keep you occupied and distracted.
it could be good for you to be by yourself for a while and you might even enjoy it at times.

P

PixxiePitt

Hello Angry Butterfly, thank you for the ideas. she'll just be away for the day then come home at the end of the day. as if she were at work. I'll just feel super panicked without her.

N

Nicola398

Hello Pixxie,:welcome:

I am really sorry for you and do understand how hard it is to be totally alone as I have struggled myself with it in the past.Keep busy is good and be your own best friend and company.Watch your favorite DVD's.play your music, write a diary expressing your feelings maybe,ring friends to catch up or long lost relatives, cousins etc.Use online here on the forum, facebook, twitter etc Do any jobs around the house been saved up, go to coffee to soak in the cafe atmospheres, see a film, browse the shops,get your xmas presents and cards sorted.Keep busy if your own company is terrifying.Usually we do all those things to self avoid.Try and remove the fear of being alone and going inside to connect with your feeling by trying to bear doing just that for 45 minutes a day.Sit in silence and focus inwards and be with yourself in solitude and ask yourself what you are feeling and support yourself what ever the feelings.We do need to learn to be alone and enjoy solitude because ultimately it is not other people we need to be there for us we need to be there for ourselves.The pain of being alone comes when we self reject and self abandon,saying that on our own we don't matter, aren't worth it, shouldn't be,can't stand ourselves,when we should self partner, support,nourish, listen to, reassure and comfort us.Being our own best friend and our favorite company.Learning what activities we enjoy and getting to know our own likes ,dislikes and identities is very good as is being able to get through life's necessary survival activities independently.It doesn't mean we don't want or need others but it helps us not to fall apart and stay in a loving reality even if they are not there.
This youtube exercise is brilliant help with anxiety,try doing it several times a day, it will help and you have nothing to lose.Love and light NikiX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaq4iZYBfXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nQ7UBJtOY0

Last edited: