• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anxiety?

C

Chase

sorry about the lame thread title but was just wondering something. for a few months now i've had a really bad feeling inside of me. ive asked a few people about it and some of them said its anxiety but im not sure if it is so sorry if this is in the wrong section. the best way to describe it is like a really bad feeling of negative inevitability, like something really bad is impending but i dont know what. its like im on trial for murder or im just waiting to be sent down for something. i have it all of the time but it gets worse in waves that come from nowhere with no apparent triggers. i used to get it before going out for nights out with mates etc and it kinda stopped me doing it as id rather not go out and stress about the feeling but now i have it all the time so it doesnt really make a difference anymore. there isnt really anything that makes it go away that ive found yet. now i dont know if theres two kinds of anxiety like a bad anxiety like what i might be describing and a good anxiety like while your queuing up for a rollercoaster. can anyone elaborate on this? thanks for taking the time to read this.
edit: forgot to mention/ dont know if its worth mentioning or not but i have had panic attacks in the past...

Last edited:
J

jamesdean

It certainly sounds like anxiety if not perhaps some paranoia though we are all not able to diagnosis here at mhf I would almost certainly say you are experiencing some kind of anxiety esp if you had a panic attack, do you have anyother symptomes?
JD

C

Chase

ive been suicidal for the last 6 or so months. get wound up quite easily. cant sleep, find it hard to get motivated to get up in the morning and at work. um i think thats about it? ive been depressed in the past but this feels different.

J

jamesdean

Most definately go n see your gp you could be expericening a breakdown. JD

C

Chase

yeah i was thinking id have to sooner or later. i just hate going there so much. ive been through counselling twice and it hasnt really done anything for me, ive been on anti depressants loads of times in different flavours when i was depressed and they only made me worse. i dont really know what they would do for me though? id be surprised if theyd give me any meds as im suicidal and when i last attempted it it was by od. oh well guess ill have to go and find out eh.

Last edited:
C

Chase

update
so i went to see a gp last week and explained what i had said pretty much as the first post says. she said she was going to refere me to a MH link worker or something and perscribed me antenolol. she said it would reduce my blood pressure and make me less anxious. firstly surely she should have taken my blood pressure before perscribing me a drug that reduces my blood pressure? and secondly, all it really does is make my anxiety far more unstable, it also kills all my energy and motivation and makes me feel stoned as hell all day. im going to stop taking it and go back. ive also been thinking that the thing thats inevitable is my suicide.

N

NrLondonGuy

Hi Just to try and give you some good advice so hope following advice helps.

Basically - tell you GP you are feeling suicidal - that will speed thing up very quickly otherwise you may be left in system for a few months and deteriorate before anyone gives you decent enough advice/ therapy/medication that can help you. It may sound stupid and obvious but just try anything you can to wind down and relax. Beign relaxed is the opposite state of mind to being anxious of course so every little thing that helps relax you and makes you feel less anxious will help and a good GP should have told you that.

Try some meditation, any relaxaiton exericses you find on internet, deep adominal breathing helps, hot baths, exercise, gym, distraction techniques, meditation, anything. Look on reputable webistes such as NHS or anxiety charity websites for finding ways to deal with anxiety, stress and relax. It really does all help. (I had alwful anxiety about a month ago where could not keep still all day or concentrate on anything but knew enough about what to do, did loads of stuff to help me and now feel MUCH better).

If your anxiety is that bad you shoudl try and get CBT therpay - this will help you challenge thoughts and behaviours, life style etc that fuel anxiety etc. There are some good drugs out there also that help if current one not working although may need someone more experienced like a pychiatrists to do that. IF you need immediate advice on how to relax and stuff try calling NHS direct - they have good tips.

In meantime just do everything you can to relax yourself and keep your mind off things (even just having a very hot bath can work miracles, go for a walk anything). Find ways to distratct yourself. The worst thing you can do is do nothing, pace around all day wallowing in anxiety and worrying more and more about it (which just fules your anxiety) and talkign to noone and doing nothing to relax yourslf and winddown. Thats why some poeple sometimes end up having breakdowns. Breakdowns are very preventable and many who have had one will look back after they have learnt all these things and think 'if only I knew all that then I woudl never have had a breakdown'. What you describe many people have been there and got better because they didthe right things and those that did woudl say now in yoru current position, other then going back to GP to get right medical attention, just do anything you can to wind down and try and relax yourself. Look at reputable websites for good techniques.

If you knew all the things out there that can help you you wouldn't feel suicidal as you'd know you can get better so try and suspend judgement on your life for the time being and try all these things and sure once you've tried them all had good medical help etc you'll feel much better. Fell free to PM me.