• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety

F

Funfair321

Crippling anxiety since a child now 40 still got it and self medicating

Z

Zoe1

hi Funfair :welcome:

what are you self medicating with ?

Karmaman

Karmaman

Hi Funfair. My anxiety is at it's worst. I was prescribed valium many years ago but after many years the does wasn't enough and am self medicating though it isn't effective anymore.
What are you self medicating on?

F

Funfair321

I’m now addicted to codeine it very good for anxiety

F

Funfair321

But take too many now and need to stop them I personally think codiene should be prescribed for anxiety but addictive like Valium I also take sertriline propranolol and quadrupine helps with physical symptoms but not the mental side of it

Z

Zoe1

well we do recommend you consult a doctor about the self medicating
you don't have to if your not a danger to yourself
but its what we would recommend

F

Funfair321

Have already they giving me 100 codiene every 4 days while I’m waiting for appointment with addiction worker

Z

Zoe1

well thats not self medicating then
so nothing to worry about

Z

Zoe1

I know what you mean I was on codeine at one point

I would talk to your doctor about it

L

Lukcy2019

But take too many now and need to stop them I personally think codiene should be prescribed for anxiety but addictive like Valium I also take sertriline propranolol and quadrupine helps with physical symptoms but not the mental side of it
Hi
I'm also 40 and have been suffering from anxiety since I was a child. I don't think codeine made for anxiety and I wouldn't get hooked up to it. You might end up damaging your liver, kidney, stomach, and other parts of your body if you take too many for a long time, so try to stop if you can. Unfortunately, no tablets have worked for me but talking to nice people like yourself in this forum makes me calm. So I'm looking for a mental health chatroom where I can actually talk to others rather than typing. It would be great to have a possibility to talk by either Skype, Zoom, or even Whatsapp. I know talking and sharing ideas is the best remedy. Please if anyone knows such a chatroom exists let me know as well.
I hope you get better soon!