• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxiety

E

Emma1213

Is it normal to hear your own voice constantly telling u bad shit 🤔

P

Purpleplum

No, that's not "normal". That sounds like low self esteem or possibly psychosis.

T

treasurebox

It is not normal. It will do you good to see a doctor.

S

Sugaree

Sometimes when I am really depressed I hear my own voice criticizing me. I grew up with alot of verbal abuse. A therapist once told me that my depression was really my anger turned inwards towards myself.

E

EclipticNight

Its not normal for most people but i endure something like it. Mine are more emotions and images. I was diagnosed with psychosis. You may wish to speak to a doc about it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Why do I seemingly not want to get better? Loneliness, failing university, depression, severe anxiety, and not doing anything about it Depression Forum 6
T Depression and Anxiety - possibly triggered by medication Depression Forum 1
M My dad has now caused me to get anxiety attacks Depression Forum 5
P Worry-Anxiety-Trapped Depression Forum 2
F Sleep and Anxiety / Depression Depression Forum 5
W finally not depressed anymore but anxiety is murdering me Depression Forum 7
Murasakibee Christmas Anxiety *tw* Depression Forum 1
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
TylersOutlet24 Depression/Anxiety - never ending emotional rollercoaster you DONT want to be on. Depression Forum 3
H Insomnia and anxiety from starting anti-depressant. Suggestions??? Depression Forum 6
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
S Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem? Depression Forum 7
TylersOutlet24 How I experience Depression/Anxiety and coping mechanisms to help. Depression Forum 2
Mrs Tiggywinkle Nutrition for depression and anxiety......very good video. 🙂 Depression Forum 3
J Depression with Anxiety Depression Forum 10
Jam1990 Do medications really work for depression/anxiety Depression Forum 24
L Effects of anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 2
L Relocation Anxiety/ Depression Depression Forum 6
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
D Depressed because of social anxiety, thinking about suicide to escape the feelings Depression Forum 8
BLUESTAR009 I've never had depression or anxiety until the last three weeks. There is no threat it's perceived not real Depression Forum 4
G Anxiety bipolar Depression Forum 5
T Possible anxiety/depression? Depression Forum 1
Bluebox11 Anxiety and feeling on edge Depression Forum 10
G My social anxiety makes me seem rude Depression Forum 8
L Job Worries Anxiety Depression Forum 4
C Fear of anxiety-induced depression Depression Forum 6
T Tips for people in financial anxiety Depression Forum 1
B Sports and depression / anxiety Depression Forum 3
L Starting to lose hope with my depression and anxiety Depression Forum 2
D Anxiety and panic attacks Depression Forum 5
K Overwhelming regret from an anxiety riddled bad decision causing chronic depression Depression Forum 1
J anyone try magic mushrooms for there anxiety depression? or treatment besides medication? Depression Forum 10
S Anxiety and depression from past and not getting cured and dragged into more and more problems. Depression Forum 7
J What do u think about this problem with depression and anxiety returning? Depression Forum 1
G adrenaline and anxiety Depression Forum 14
A My Girlfriend (23F) has anxiety, depression, and is suicidal. How can I help her? Depression Forum 6
J what treatment snapped you out of sever anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 20
Bluebox11 Feel lonely and have anxiety Depression Forum 7