Anxiety whilst driving

M

Murphy83

Does anyone else experience anxiety whilst driving? It’s very strange and I hate it as it means I hate driving alone or in the dark.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I have this fear something fierce! I can't drive at all. I can't get my license. I hope you over come it.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Murphy83,

When I was learning to drive, I found it make me very anxious, which in turn made me make more mistakes. None that were very bad or life-threatening, but enough that would've failed me had I taken a test! I'm looking to give it another go, now that I'm off medication!x

Much love <3

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Hi Murphy83,

When I was learning to drive, I found it make me very anxious, which in turn made me make more mistakes. None that were very bad or life-threatening, but enough that would've failed me had I taken a test! I'm looking to give it another go, now that I'm off medication!x

Much love <3
Please let us know how your driving goes? I wanna conquer my driving fear. I need a car before I get a job.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I think it is a confidence thing. A driving instructor with dual controls would be useful.

S

silly me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Like someone else posted..

Playing music actually helps..

I have to drive at least an hour - one way - to get to the gym every 4 days.. in a foreign country, or sometimes the US. In my car/SUV.

I also used to drive/ride motorcycles until last year .. (rode for over 30 years)..

I found that listening to music (very low volume with earbuds on the motorcycle), helps pass the time a lot quicker.. Plus, i'm calm enough to be more focussed on my driving - as well as other commuters - who AREN'T paying attention:unsure:.

M

Murphy83

Thanks everyone. It’s nice to know there are others out there going through similar things or who have similar fears. I am not alone!

A

AriVenex803

I actually enjoy driving to a certain extent, especially in the summer with the windows down. Although merging on the highway and driving at night always gets me nervous. I find listening to the radio helps, just as long as you don’t zone out. Just take things slow and check more than once if you have to.