• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety symptoms - Has anyone experienced?

S

Steff1990

Hi everyone this is my first post and hoping someone can relate! I've been dealing with anxiety for around a year now and it's pretty bad at some points as we all know. I've had a very wide range of different symptoms been back and forth to my GP and no further forward so I'm assuming my symptoms are down to anxiety! For the past few months I've had a really loud "whooshing" sound in my ear which is extremely annoying and I know can be down to tinnitus but I just wondered if anyone had experienced this too with anxiety? My gp has actually referred me to ENT as it's been going on so long. Feels like my pulse is in my ear along with the whooshing noise.
Also at night time when I'm trying to sleep my body jumps me awake and my whole body has a horrible inner tingling sensation and my heart feels like it's beating out my chest. This can happen 4 or 5 times before I actually get to sleep has any experienced this symptom too? And finally another one that bothers me is I get muscle twitches? It's in my legs mainly and it will randomly twich as I'm sitting. I keep trying to tell myself nothing is wrong with me it's just anxiety but this is very hard as I'm sure you will all know when anxiety is telling you you have a health issue 🤣 anything you guys can relate to at all here might ease my mind a little because honestly it's driving me nuts! Thanks and I hope everyone is staying safe x

E

Elisante

I don't know if it's the same thing but I have a very loud ringing in my ears at times and muscle twitching in my eyebrow. What happens to you at night happens to me after severe anxiety, it feels as if my soul is being snatched from my body or something and my brain feels like it's being hit with electricity. I'm mostly healthy so I'm pretty sure if we have similar symptoms you are also healthy and what happens to you is because of anxiety. My post might seem egocentric but I typed it because I know how comforting it is to know that you are not the only one (and that probably you are not dying:)). If you are very worried you might consult a doctor.

S

Steff1990

I don't know if it's the same thing but I have a very loud ringing in my ears at times and muscle twitching in my eyebrow. What happens to you at night happens to me after severe anxiety, it feels as if my soul is being snatched from my body or something and my brain feels like it's being hit with electricity. I'm mostly healthy so I'm pretty sure if we have similar symptoms you are also healthy and what happens to you is because of anxiety. My post might seem egocentric but I typed it because I know how comforting it is to know that you are not the only one (and that probably you are not dying:)). If you are very worried you might consult a doctor.

Ahh thank you so much for your reply! It definitely does make me feel better and not egocentric at all I'm so glad you said it! Definitely puts my mind at ease. I've been referred to an ear nose and throat doctor which could take months due to the current situation but at least I'll know for sure. Thanks again x

DMARXX

DMARXX

Hi everyone this is my first post and hoping someone can relate! I've been dealing with anxiety for around a year now and it's pretty bad at some points as we all know. I've had a very wide range of different symptoms been back and forth to my GP and no further forward so I'm assuming my symptoms are down to anxiety! For the past few months I've had a really loud "whooshing" sound in my ear which is extremely annoying and I know can be down to tinnitus but I just wondered if anyone had experienced this too with anxiety? My gp has actually referred me to ENT as it's been going on so long. Feels like my pulse is in my ear along with the whooshing noise.
Also at night time when I'm trying to sleep my body jumps me awake and my whole body has a horrible inner tingling sensation and my heart feels like it's beating out my chest. This can happen 4 or 5 times before I actually get to sleep has any experienced this symptom too? And finally another one that bothers me is I get muscle twitches? It's in my legs mainly and it will randomly twich as I'm sitting. I keep trying to tell myself nothing is wrong with me it's just anxiety but this is very hard as I'm sure you will all know when anxiety is telling you you have a health issue 🤣 anything you guys can relate to at all here might ease my mind a little because honestly it's driving me nuts! Thanks and I hope everyone is staying safe x
yes, definitely you aren't the only one. When I lay down to sleep my body feels like it just ran a marathon. It's all buzzed up and energized and I feel jittery and antsy and cant stay still. My arms and legs feel tense as well as my neck/throat area. Hard to cope with.

J

Julie41

Hi
Yes I get the Body jumping when I just get to sleep - horrible - also my body feels tingly and hot or cold on the inside- my ears are very sensitive to noise - everything seems so loud
also muscle twitches - mostly in my legs