• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety State

D

DELATEXT

Recently I got a letter from the DWP, regarding voluntary work I had tried, started in june 2008 with a charity right across from my house. The DWP took a year to reply & are now quizing me about what I've done etc. This has caused me terrible stress & panic.
I have n't slept properly & I've self harmed, burning my hand.
I'm @ my wits end!!
Luckily I have a support worker who is trying to get me through this??
The DWP are like some secret police!!:mad:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I've not worked for over 2 years now and am on incapacity benefit, I'd like to try some charity work but am always afraid that somehow the dwp will turn this around to me being able to work so unfortunately I just don't think its worth the effort!! It would also have to be something I did from home as I am agoraphobic and going into any sort of social setting terrifies me!!

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
You are not doing anything wrong if you do a little bit of voluntary work and if you feel it would help your mental health then I would go for it. There is a big difference between a little bit of voluntary work and going back to work properly. I'm thinking of trying it myself as I tried going back to work a couple of times and it didn't work for me.
KP

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes dont worry they tend to look favourably on it, god isnt it sad that they make you feel bad for this when they should be encouraging you. dont let the begrudgers get you down billy connoly good luck :D