• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety Schmanxiety:

shadowhunter

shadowhunter

So I've had anxiety my entire life but the depression kinda came a bit later like midway through high school maybe. Social anxiety and well I guess just general anxiety has been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember. I haven't been diagnosed with anything that I know of, although I do take prescribed anti-depressants and nerve pills. Friends are something I find really difficult to hold onto, the ones I do have are only in my life because they refuse to let me ignore them. I don't really know what I'm doing or why I'm here or even what to expect from this. I see a therapist often but it seems like nobody wants to help they just give me my meds and tell me to go. It'd just be nice to find people I can relate to I guess. I'm terrified of people so it's extremely difficult and I am easily overwhelmed. So maybe it'd be nice to meet some people who know what it feels like to...feel...like...I do? @[email protected] :dance:

tl;dr anxiety. life sucks. people are scary. let's help each other out? or not.. I don't mind.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
Medication and therapy obviously do have their benefits, but nothing beats actually facing your fears head-on.
Social anxiety really sucks but i've only really made serious improvements since I got out and met new people.

There are some less scary environments to be in that others. If I were you, when you're ready, i'd start off by getting out to somewhere that isn't too high pressured.
Poetry cafes were a godsend to me when I was starting to get out more.. they were held in the evening, in a poorly lit cafe, there was no conversation, only listening to someone read. So I was among people with no pressure to talk - ideal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Anxiety Forum 1
C Anxiety Forum 2
W Anxiety Forum 2
U Anxiety Forum 2
enzjie Anxiety Forum 3