Anxiety Scams

mischief

mischief

Admin
Dave Carbonell, Ph.D, Psychologist, the author of the Panics Attacks Workbook, has a page on his website regarding anxiety scams which is essential reading for anyone considering purchasing any products for 'curing' anxiety.

Anxiety Scams on the Internet? Let the Buyer Beware!

This is well worth looking at!

Last edited by a moderator:
badbunny

badbunny

Thank you Mischief - good post. I bought the 'Panic Away' programme a few years back because they gave a money back guarantee. After reading the books and listening the the CD I was of the opinion that the product did not give me any advise which I wasn't already 'doing' so I sent it back. They were true to their word and gave me my money back (I haven't been that fortunate with others offering this guarantee).

S

Surreyman

Nobody can "cure" anxiety - we all NEED anxiety to cope with life - it is just a question of how bad the anxiety is. If it significantly interferes with your time then get help otherwise put up with healthy worries! That's what I've learnt after 60 plus years on this planet!

T

themindflows

There is no quick fix. As much as any one of us would like to just swallow a pill and wake up free of any trace of anxiety and panic, this just isn't working in real life.
Just stay away of quick fixes.
However you CAN recover fully from anxiety disorder. But it takes time, discipline, hard work, power of will, powerful routines and voluntary daily transformation.

B

becszalou

Omg, anxiety cure...lol. Unfortunately the very desperate get caught up in these types of things and it's sad that we live in a world where people take advantage of that...kinda makes you anxious right?!? The root of anxiety is trust and when people abuse that it forms part of the vicious cycle. Learning to trust in a corrupt world is hard enough...add anxiety disorder to the equation...disaster!!!

J

Joshuwa

In response to Surreyman's comment:

I would disagree - nobody needs anxiety in their life; to any degree! 'Healthy worries'? It seems like you are avoiding dealing with your worries my friend. Anxiety is a horrible burden - mixed with depression, anxiety has put barriers in my life and very deep scars in my arm. Everybody has the potential to cure anxiety; some people require medication at first (that's in no way a long-term solution), it depends on their level of anxiety. Therapy can help, but most of all it is willpower, regular routines, recognizing triggers and dealing with them, ETC! Healthy worries? There is no such thing as a healthy worry. Worries are negative; worries should be dealt with to move on to achieve happiness.

I have dealt with anxiety throughout employment, throughout college (I study psychology) and everyday life.

To come on an anxiety forum and post something like that is quite obnoxious IMO and I'm sure a lot of people on here have worries that are NOT healthy. If your philosophy is to just ignore and get on with your 'worries' then you are avoiding them; that is not healthy.

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
In response to Surreyman's comment:

I would disagree - nobody needs anxiety in their life; to any degree! 'Healthy worries'? It seems like you are avoiding dealing with your worries my friend. Anxiety is a horrible burden - mixed with depression, anxiety has put barriers in my life and very deep scars in my arm. Everybody has the potential to cure anxiety; some people require medication at first (that's in no way a long-term solution), it depends on their level of anxiety. Therapy can help, but most of all it is willpower, regular routines, recognizing triggers and dealing with them, ETC! Healthy worries? There is no such thing as a healthy worry. Worries are negative; worries should be dealt with to move on to achieve happiness.

I have dealt with anxiety throughout employment, throughout college (I study psychology) and everyday life.

To come on an anxiety forum and post something like that is quite obnoxious IMO and I'm sure a lot of people on here have worries that are NOT healthy. If your philosophy is to just ignore and get on with your 'worries' then you are avoiding them; that is not healthy.
he's right though that you have to put up with anxiety there isn't a cure what can't be cured has to be endured, there particularly isn't a cure if it's due to factors outside your control, guess your young

I

id1brok

I think, Joshuwa, you are missing Surreyman's point: There are degrees of anxiety some of the 'lesser degrees' like "Can I finish this essay in time?" or "Will my soufflé rise?" we are forced to cope with. As Surreyman says, "If it significantly interferes with your time then get help". There is nothing obnoxious (Oxford Dict: def :eek:ffensive;objectionable) about Surreyman's view. We are dependent on the smaller anxieties, even in crossing the road otherwise we would become heedless.
Of course members of this forum, or any other person can do without unhealthy anxieties. The unfortunate thing is that you are looking at the wood and not seeing the trees. No one said that the philosophy was to "ignore worries and get on with things", following the path of avoidance. To use a little perspective in dealing with things has never been a bad strategy. Sometimes we have to look beyond undergrad psychology, or psychology per se.

Last edited:
Y

Yoghurt and nuts

I suffered chronic anxiety as a child. Anxiety for me is a thing of the past, as is being treated by a medical establishment whose main doctrine is that chronic disease cannot be cured. Ignorance of a cure is not evidence of absence of a cure. Seek and ye shall find. Ask and it will be given you.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
years ago some paper offered a premium rate no with advice phoned it listened to a little sermon giving facts i already knew then was advised to contact mind, how many pounds a minute i was charged i forget