• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety ruining my stomach.

• Thread starter Deleted member 91496
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 91496

Hi everyone. My severe anxiety really affects my stomach badly. I get nausea and diarrhoea quite a lot. Anxiety always affects my stomach first. Does anyone else have this problem?? It’s getting really debilitating.

Z

Zoe1

hi Boudicca :welcome: !

n yeah ... thanks for that I was just feeling something similar
its like the stuffing has fallen out of me
through sheer terror

I chose a life of adventure many years ago
and its been terrifying !

I dont know how to put it right
I hope you will find the help you need here

:grouphug:🎼💜🐢🍀

D

Deleted member 91496

hi Boudicca :welcome: !

n yeah ... thanks for that I was just feeling something similar
its like the stuffing has fallen out of me
through sheer terror

I chose a life of adventure many years ago
and its been terrifying !

I dont know how to put it right
I hope you will find the help you need here

:grouphug:🎼💜🐢🍀
Thank you! It’s nice to meet you! I’m sorry that you are experiencing similar problems. This forum and the people here seem very kind and welcoming. It’s nice to be here. Hugs from me to you. :grouphug:

Faith198

Faith198

Yes, as a small child it use to be very severe for me. Now it is mostly panic attacks but every now and then my stomach will get upset. Some ginger ale could help when you’re feeling this way. It won’t cure the anxiety but it will help the nausea and things :)

D

Deleted member 91496

Yes, as a small child it use to be very severe for me. Now it is mostly panic attacks but every now and then my stomach will get upset. Some ginger ale could help when you’re feeling this way. It won’t cure the anxiety but it will help the nausea and things :)
Hi!! Yes I’ve tried ginger ale and spearmint tea. Or mint flavoured CBD oil.
I usually get stomach problems the worst when I haven’t slept for a few days and I have to go out, being around people and crowds and supermarkets really makes me anxious and terrified. It makes my stomach really bad.

Faith198

Faith198

Hi!! Yes I’ve tried ginger ale and spearmint tea. Or mint flavoured CBD oil.
I usually get stomach problems the worst when I haven’t slept for a few days and I have to go out, being around people and crowds and supermarkets really makes me anxious and terrified. It makes my stomach really bad.
I understand that, I am the same exact way. I would recommend counseling or some medication. I know not everyone wants to take medication but you could really benefit from it. Being on an antidepressant has drastically reduced my anxiety symptoms. I think it could really help you. If you don’t want to do that, talking to someone could help. They will teach you coping strategies like breathing exercises and things :) I hope you get the help you need. I’m sure other people here could recommend some good advice.

D

Deleted member 91496

I understand that, I am the same exact way. I would recommend counseling or some medication. I know not everyone wants to take medication but you could really benefit from it. Being on an antidepressant has drastically reduced my anxiety symptoms. I think it could really help you. If you don’t want to do that, talking to someone could help. They will teach you coping strategies like breathing exercises and things :) I hope you get the help you need. I’m sure other people here could recommend some good advice.
I do have counselling and I’m on anti anxiety medication. Propanolol and sometimes diazepam. I’m also on Mirtazipine. My anxiety stems from something that I can’t talk about here. I really appreciate your concern. So thanks for that. Hugs XX

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Anxiety ruining my days Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
A Health Anxiety is ruining my life. (ALS?) Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
A Is this GAD? My mind keeps creating associations between things and anxiety, and they're ruining my life! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
E Help for life ruining anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L Anxiety ruining my life- looing sense of reality- imagination going crazy Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
A anxiety is ruining my life Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
I Anxiety Ruining Life Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Daybreak Anybody try self-message and/or essential oils for anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
D Feeling cold because of anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
H Bedridden for over a week with severe anxiety/panic post COVID infection Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
pjb15201 Increased panic and anxiety since pandemic rules lessened ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
T Anxiety attack experiences Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
Scg Anxiety physical symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 20
F Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
S Anxiety when circumstances suddenly change Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
S Stomach cramps with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Anxiety = stomach problems and IBS Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
Darwin the fish Weakness in arms and anxiety attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Is it possible to fix this anxiety / depression? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
Tawny Helping yourself with your anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 0
MrBond007 Anxiety attacks over things that are completely normal for no reason. +Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Tremors and muscle trembling from anxiety? Sad and scared! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Anxiety Hypochondriasis and Agoraphobia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
R Crippling anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 47
R Severe anxiety triggered by my children’s health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
R The Difficulties of Anxiety and Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
R Anxiety through the roof Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
S Differentiating Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder- Inattentive Type Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Midnight.Panda Bad anxiety about everything Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
J Who to talk to about my anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
K I feel so alone with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
M Broken glass Anxiety, please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Acute anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
FloofyPuppers Pristiq for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
dogmom Anxiety is back. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
T Abandonment issues/separation anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 33
I Healthy anxiety anybody have cherry angiomas Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Jam1990 Generalized Anxiety that leads to paranoia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
J Am I the only one on the planet or do others also experience occasional pain in heart for a second, centre of chest with ecotpics with anxiety? ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
L Please help me, I reached breaking point again. (VERY LONG TW:ANXIETY, SUICIDE, DPD) Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
E This anxiety right now is silly Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G I have a cure for anxiety think I can help you IMO Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 15
G Anxiety in my chest feels like a craving Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
Faith198 When did you realize you were suffering with anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 17
M Public speaking anxiety linked with childhood trauma? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S do i have anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anxiety is suffocating me... Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
S Anxiety and what it feels like to you Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
S Anxiety and eye floaters Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 34