• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety ruining my stomach.

B

Boudicca

Hi everyone. My severe anxiety really affects my stomach badly. I get nausea and diarrhoea quite a lot. Anxiety always affects my stomach first. Does anyone else have this problem?? It’s getting really debilitating.

Z

Zoe1

hi Boudicca :welcome: !

n yeah ... thanks for that I was just feeling something similar
its like the stuffing has fallen out of me
through sheer terror

I chose a life of adventure many years ago
and its been terrifying !

I dont know how to put it right
I hope you will find the help you need here

:grouphug:🎼💜🐢🍀

B

Boudicca

hi Boudicca :welcome: !

n yeah ... thanks for that I was just feeling something similar
its like the stuffing has fallen out of me
through sheer terror

I chose a life of adventure many years ago
and its been terrifying !

I dont know how to put it right
I hope you will find the help you need here

:grouphug:🎼💜🐢🍀
Thank you! It’s nice to meet you! I’m sorry that you are experiencing similar problems. This forum and the people here seem very kind and welcoming. It’s nice to be here. Hugs from me to you. :grouphug:

Faith198

Faith198

Yes, as a small child it use to be very severe for me. Now it is mostly panic attacks but every now and then my stomach will get upset. Some ginger ale could help when you’re feeling this way. It won’t cure the anxiety but it will help the nausea and things :)

B

Boudicca

Yes, as a small child it use to be very severe for me. Now it is mostly panic attacks but every now and then my stomach will get upset. Some ginger ale could help when you’re feeling this way. It won’t cure the anxiety but it will help the nausea and things :)
Hi!! Yes I’ve tried ginger ale and spearmint tea. Or mint flavoured CBD oil.
I usually get stomach problems the worst when I haven’t slept for a few days and I have to go out, being around people and crowds and supermarkets really makes me anxious and terrified. It makes my stomach really bad.

Faith198

Faith198

Hi!! Yes I’ve tried ginger ale and spearmint tea. Or mint flavoured CBD oil.
I usually get stomach problems the worst when I haven’t slept for a few days and I have to go out, being around people and crowds and supermarkets really makes me anxious and terrified. It makes my stomach really bad.
I understand that, I am the same exact way. I would recommend counseling or some medication. I know not everyone wants to take medication but you could really benefit from it. Being on an antidepressant has drastically reduced my anxiety symptoms. I think it could really help you. If you don’t want to do that, talking to someone could help. They will teach you coping strategies like breathing exercises and things :) I hope you get the help you need. I’m sure other people here could recommend some good advice.

B

Boudicca

I understand that, I am the same exact way. I would recommend counseling or some medication. I know not everyone wants to take medication but you could really benefit from it. Being on an antidepressant has drastically reduced my anxiety symptoms. I think it could really help you. If you don’t want to do that, talking to someone could help. They will teach you coping strategies like breathing exercises and things :) I hope you get the help you need. I’m sure other people here could recommend some good advice.
I do have counselling and I’m on anti anxiety medication. Propanolol and sometimes diazepam. I’m also on Mirtazipine. My anxiety stems from something that I can’t talk about here. I really appreciate your concern. So thanks for that. Hugs XX