• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety really bad

E

Ele123

Its always bad but I'm having a lot of panic attacks lately. It seems to be worse with early dark nights ( although the dark doesnt cause me anxiety)

I miss speaking to someone I struck up a friendship with on another site (
I got removed from the site) wont say more as I know its against rules. This site is better lol but I miss that person. She was really nice to me. Unfortunately I don't have her number.

B

Bod

Former member
I am not really keen on dark winters nights in the UK here, 5pm and the lights and heating is now on. I do have some music on low in the BG so that help, some breathing exercisers can help us too.

E

Ele123

I'm watching Bullseye ( the darts quiz show from 40 years ago!!) I quite like quiz shows but prefer the older ones for some reason.

I hate having to put lights on so early. Mine are all chandelier types so probably more expensive that one bulb. Its rented house so cant change them unfortunately

E

Ele123

Bullseye what a blast from the past.
It's on challenge ( I'm on freesat) in uk. On 5pm weekdays for 2 episodes a night.

D

dansell123

It isn't necessarily that the dark triggers the anxiety but rather the circadian rhythms. Your body goes through a natural cycles releasing different hormones throughout the day.

Regardless, if you know you are going to get anxious at a particular time of day, it is best to prepare for that. If you are on meds for anxiety, take them a little bit before this period. If you don't take meds you might want to consider relaxing tea like chamomile. Nonetheless, whatever strategies you have for dealing with anxiety you want to mobilize right before the critical period where the anxiety occurs....come up with a game plan!