• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety possibly affecting sex drive. I need help.

J

JWick

I'll start by saying that I've written about this in the past. I have since changed my medications. I am on 225mg of Effexor (I take it in the morning) 200mg of Seraquil (I take it at night) 25mg of Seraquil (I take in the morning) and 10mg of Valium. Valium can vary. I can go a week where I take two a day or I can go a week where I take none.

I am completely lost. I have no sexual desires or urges whatsoever. I have been married for 17 years and it has just gotten worse over the years. My wife is a very attractive and beautiful woman but I never think about sex. I never want to have sex. It just doesn't enter my mind. She is to the point where she doesn't know what to do anymore. She says frequently, "I'm a woman and I have needs."

Right now I can't meet those needs. But I don't know why. Why don't I ever think about sex. You could put the hottest woman in the world (not saying my wife isn't, she is) in front of me and I wouldn't look at her twice.

Z

Zoe1

hi JWick

I think your psychiatrist should be interested to know about this
I have had the same and now I don't since my meds were changed

:welcome:

C

CabbageMama

I absolutely love how you feel about your Wife. ❤

My Ex Husband stopped wanting to have sex with me (nothing meds related) and it really damaged my self confidence. It sounds like you are probably able to be affectionate in other ways, given how fondly you speak of your Wife? Focus on that for now, lots of cuddling, nice times together, having fun, romance. But as Zoe suggests, get a meds review, because it sounds like you both want a sexual relationship, and another tweak to your meds could help.

E

EclipticNight

I'll start by saying that I've written about this in the past. I have since changed my medications. I am on 225mg of Effexor (I take it in the morning) 200mg of Seraquil (I take it at night) 25mg of Seraquil (I take in the morning) and 10mg of Valium. Valium can vary. I can go a week where I take two a day or I can go a week where I take none.

I am completely lost. I have no sexual desires or urges whatsoever. I have been married for 17 years and it has just gotten worse over the years. My wife is a very attractive and beautiful woman but I never think about sex. I never want to have sex. It just doesn't enter my mind. She is to the point where she doesn't know what to do anymore. She says frequently, "I'm a woman and I have needs."

Right now I can't meet those needs. But I don't know why. Why don't I ever think about sex. You could put the hottest woman in the world (not saying my wife isn't, she is) in front of me and I wouldn't look at her twice.
I take seroquel too but dont have that issue so it may not be that. I need it to sleep. This is gonna be one odd post to write.

Ok so you love your wife. She has needs, and she does, but you cant really perform. Have you considered toys and other kinky type stuff? It's something you can do while unaroused and give her what she needs. I would explain to her what you said to us, you dont know why but you cant seem to do it. It's medication related. You can still give pleasure. Maybe a change will also work for you too?

C

charlieblack5

I haven’t wanted to have sex since around February, when I started to feel low and I think when the depression started. Out of desperation I initiated sex with my partner a few months back but it was just going through the motions, there was literally no enjoyment for me. Not on any meds. I think being open and frank is the only way.