• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxiety panic attacks struggling

G

Gkhair19

Hi I have been struggling past three weeks with severe panic attacks I have tried breathing exercises cant cope cant stop thinking about anxiety it's worse when I go outside in public or around people I have been on mirtrazipine 30mg since 2016 it was working but feel now it isn't

malika

malika

hi there! you are not alone dear, there is even a thread here where people all say that breathing exercises dont work for them.... so dont stop looking for whatever works, you will find something I am sure!

Bunny99

Bunny99

I'm not sure if this is helpful at all but are you able to visit your doctor? You may be able to change your medication if you're comfortable doing so, maybe you'll get offered a stronger dose* or a completely different medication. I'm on the same pills but all they help with for me is the symptoms of anxiety (shaking, sweating) they're not really doing anything for the being-terrified-of-leaving-the-house. I hope you can work out a way to handle your panic attacks soon - I'm with you!

*Note: don't issue yourself a higher dose to help with symptoms, I think the highest safe dose of mirtazapine is 45mg but definitely always ask your doctor before listening to me

I

Italia2020

I'm not sure if this is helpful at all but are you able to visit your doctor? You may be able to change your medication if you're comfortable doing so, maybe you'll get offered a stronger dose* or a completely different medication. I'm on the same pills but all they help with for me is the symptoms of anxiety (shaking, sweating) they're not really doing anything for the being-terrified-of-leaving-the-house. I hope you can work out a way to handle your panic attacks soon - I'm with you!

*Note: don't issue yourself a higher dose to help with symptoms, I think the highest safe dose of mirtazapine is 45mg but definitely always ask your doctor before listening to me
Hi. I’m having a rough 8 months after my celexa stopped working. I’ve tried so many meds nothing is working. Currently on zoloft 6 weeks and feel worse. My doc mentioned metrazapine. How does it work for you. I have really bad panic, depression, and anxiety

Bunny99

Bunny99

Hi. I’m having a rough 8 months after my celexa stopped working. I’ve tried so many meds nothing is working. Currently on zoloft 6 weeks and feel worse. My doc mentioned metrazapine. How does it work for you. I have really bad panic, depression, and anxiety
I'm not sure if meds work the same for everyone who uses them but definitely give them a try. I take mine before I sleep and they help me get through the night, and then if anything happens during the day I can feel my symptoms kind of 'dampened'? Example: If it was suddenly sprung on me that I gotta go somewhere without assistance, I'd usually start crying, shaking, feeling sick, overthinking, having a full breakdown basically. With the pills I feel a little bit numb-er towards these situations and still sometimes cry, but the shaking is less intense and I don't often feel sick. I still feel my panic but not as intensely. If you're up to it, definitely try it out, but if it doesn't work for you I'm sure there's other options. You can get through this :)

I

Italia2020

I'm not sure if meds work the same for everyone who uses them but definitely give them a try. I take mine before I sleep and they help me get through the night, and then if anything happens during the day I can feel my symptoms kind of 'dampened'? Example: If it was suddenly sprung on me that I gotta go somewhere without assistance, I'd usually start crying, shaking, feeling sick, overthinking, having a full breakdown basically. With the pills I feel a little bit numb-er towards these situations and still sometimes cry, but the shaking is less intense and I don't often feel sick. I still feel my panic but not as intensely. If you're up to it, definitely try it out, but if it doesn't work for you I'm sure there's other options. You can get through this :)
Hi. Thank you for you response doc spoke about taking 30mg but I’m scared of the sedating effects during the day because I know that at a lower dose it helps for insomnia. At this point in 6 weeks on zoloft I feel more anxious and panicky.

G

Gkhair19

Today has been really bad I was sick in public during to anxiety I have never had this symptom of anxiety horrible cant even get an appointment from the GP

Bunny99

Bunny99

Hi. Thank you for you response doc spoke about taking 30mg but I’m scared of the sedating effects during the day because I know that at a lower dose it helps for insomnia. At this point in 6 weeks on zoloft I feel more anxious and panicky.
Do what you're comfortable with as medications work differently for everyone :) We're strong, right?

Today has been really bad I was sick in public during to anxiety I have never had this symptom of anxiety horrible cant even get an appointment from the GP
Keep trying with your GP, even if the appointment is weeks and weeks away it's best to have something to keep yourself going for. Personally when I feel anxious in a public space I take myself somewhere private (bathrooms mostly) and calm down before going back out there. Maybe take some kind of body scent though as public toilets can be nasty. If there's nowhere private try and keep up against a solid wall or stop against a wall to catch your bearings. I believe in you ♥

sad_heart20

sad_heart20

hi
i have panic ptsd bpd depression anxiety
try finding the trigger and maybe learn confront
and find ways to make trigger less bearable when unavoidable
hope you are better i understand wish i was there comfort you

A

AlexLeonardi

That happened to me with a medication I was on. I talked to my doctor, and she slowly increased my dose till I started feeling better. I'd encourage you to make an appointment and ask about increasing your dose. Keep hope!

S

Stokie1974

I can relate to your post had my bout of anxiety for about 4weeks had a increase to 30mg for my mitizipram an made me worse anxious all the time can't shift focus to be honest I just keep telling myself it's the side effects of the meds an it will get better

S

Stokie1974

Funny thing with me before the increase I was pretty much falling asleep within a hour now it's more like 2-3 hours just noticed this post is from March how are you feeling now any better

S

sindy paulson

Hi Gkhair19, I am also a person suffering with regular panic attacks, initially i was confused alot with the symptoms of anxiety and dont know what to do with it. I searched online and found many treatments for the anxiety. I found many products like CBD for anxiety on internet which helps to over mental illness. I tried and got some better in life and i would suggest you to try and found it may help you.