• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety over tongue and throat sensations

Y

Yuss88

I’ve had health anxiety for 17 years, and at the moment I’m going through a relapse. I’ve become hyper aware of every sound and sensation in my body. At the moment I’m obsessing over what feels like my throat sometimes spasming, especially when I lie down, and also the back of my tongue clicking against the roof of my mouth on its own. Anyone experienced similar?

Hiraeth

Hiraeth

13 years for me. Yes, I have a lot of similar sensations. They are not specifically yours but I am hyper-aware of everything around me. I am obsessed with a choking sensation I get while I am having panic attacks or about to have one. Sometimes I thought I had asthma but I don't. I also am hypoglycemic and was obsessed with making sure I was not diabetic. I would make myself have low blood sugar symptoms because I was so freaked out.

R

RobbinC

You are not alone. I too have been going through a rough time/relapse that seemed to come out of nowhere. I used to have that choking sensation/tight throat feeling when I first started having panic attacks over 20 years ago. But for some reason the last panic attack I had 2 days ago I had the tight feeling in my throat come back. My sensations most days is a pounding heart and feeling of pure dread and dying. I send you and everyone out there in the world pure love ❤️ . Living with this is a great obstacle in life. Stay strong, we can can all get through this.