• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety Over My Apartment Being Cleaned

J

Jigglypuff Fan

My dad is going to get his friend to help me clean my apartment and keep it clean which I somewhat okay with but the anxiety I’m feeling is over some repairs that need to be done and one of the guys who does them. My dad is friends with this gay couple that does contracting and the one keeps trying to get me to be his side piece which really bothers me. I’ve told him that I don’t like the idea and he would not stop bothering me. I had to block his number on my old phone and he currently doesn’t have my new number and I want to keep it that way. Now I afraid that my dad will make me give him my new number. This man actually wanted me to spend the weekend at his house while his husband was in the hospital recovering from a surgery for a hernia. Plus I discovered that this guy won’t enter my apartment if it’s messy and trash is everywhere. I really don’t want to tell my dad why I don’t want him around me or my apartment or have this lady tell him that there are a couple of things that need repaired. It was really stressful for me when the guy was basically stalking me and he’d call and text me constantly until I responded. He even kissed me on my lips against my will and after I specifically told him that I wasn’t interested in him. I even forced my lips to stay shut and wouldn’t open my mouth and have to deal with his tongue and that somehow made him want me even more. And when he tried to hold me I kept moving and he kept trying to get a better hold on me. I wouldn’t say it was sexual assault or harassment because all he did was try to kiss and hold me without any type of consent. I would not let him get any further. I really don’t want to explain any of this to my dad or that the way my apartment’s current state is just a measure I am taking to drive him away if he should try to convince him into my apartment at night when I’m alone. My dad will also force me to get rid of my doll collection which is also something that is currently repelling him away from me because he doesn’t think that is who I am. The worst part is he was doing this after his shift at his other job at the hospital while his husband was at home and the guy had been drinking! It’s an awful situation that I’ve been trying to avoid for a year and a half now. I am not sure what to do if my dad is told that I need repairs as this lady also likes to drink until she is completely drunk and could blurt it out at any time to him.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Gosh, that's terrible and horrible what you have been through. You should honestly tell your dad what happened and how it makes you feel.

J

Jigglypuff Fan

Gosh, that's terrible and horrible what you have been through. You should honestly tell your dad what happened and how it makes you feel.
I don’t know if he’ll try to blame me. He also isn’t too keen about the idea that I’m gay that it’s at a point where he thinks it’s just some phase because I’ve never really had a relationship before. And the guy wants me to stay quiet and keep everything he’s done to me a secret which is really creepy. I did make it clear that I wasn’t interested in giving him what he wants unless his husband is okay with it and the three of us could do something together. I’m oddly more attracted to the husband than the guy trying to get me to agree to being his little secret. I don’t feel comfortable sleeping with another guy that is already in a relationship even if it’s an open relationship unless both are up for a three way and I don’t even want this guy because I could literally smell wine on his breath when he tried to kiss me which I was repulsed by. Drinking doesn’t necessarily bother me but he was clearly drunk and I don’t want to deal with anyone like that whenever I’m alone or even want to kiss them because the heavy smell of alcohol on a person’s breath is a major turn off for me. Telling my dad about all of this is like sending a four year old in to disarm a bomb. It won’t end well and he will refuse to accept what I’ve said until he sees it for himself which is very unlikely. He didn’t even believe that I was being abused by the woman that helped raise me or that she was using my money to buy wine and would act crazy if she got upset at me until she got angry with him one day and started to continuously call h8m at home only to scream at him over the phone until he threatened to call the police on her and file harassment charges. He believed everything she said about me and didn’t even know how often she was slapping me and even leaving scratch marks on my face from her nails because I kept covering for her mostly out of fear and said that I scratched myself too hard in my sleep. The guy won’t flirt with me in front of my dad or anyone else but he would try to text me even if I was with my dad. My dad doesn’t even understand that he is partially to blame for me failing housing inspections in the past because I would try to clean and he’d call me and ask me to hang out with him and if I said that I couldn’t, he’d pester me and keep asking until I gave in.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm sorry to read about your past and how you was not believed.
Ultimately it's your decision in regards to what you want to do but please be so careful if you decide to engage with this person.
In my opinion, you should not go with this person. He has a husband and yet he did these things to you.

Is there any friends or family members that are supportive of you? Maybe you could have them there, so then you are not left alone with this person.

J

Jigglypuff Fan

I'm sorry to read about your past and how you was not believed.
Ultimately it's your decision in regards to what you want to do but please be so careful if you decide to engage with this person.
In my opinion, you should not go with this person. He has a husband and yet he did these things to you.

Is there any friends or family members that are supportive of you? Maybe you could have them there, so then you are not left alone with this person.
Only my sister but she lives far from me.