• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety or maybe its not

Y

yflorence87

Hello everyone! I sometimes feel a pain in my chest or my head.. I panic and go to the hospital for them to tell me its nothing. I know my anxiety is bad but what I am feeling is real to me. Does anyone out there with anxiety often feel like they are about to have a stroke or dizzy . Only to go tobthe hospital and they saybjts nothing?

J

JayP75

Yes its not new for an anxious person to have pains in chest or hands getting numb or being a bit dizzy... But i would still say have a Normal ECG once and you blood pressure and sugar levels checked.. if all comes fine you need not to worry anymore.

A

AnotherSoul

Hello yflorence. Welcome to the forum.

I don't really have the same experience you have. I do have a severe case of anxiety, but mine is... well. Less usual. What you're describing is pretty common. When you have a panic attack, your heart rate goes up and you begin to hyperventilate. When you hyperventilate, you begin to feel dizzy, and the increased heart rate is often thought to be a heart attack.

People who suffer from panic attacks often think they are having a heart attack, or a stroke, or some chronic illness. It is scary, sure. But what you're experience is a normal response of your body. Your body thinks you are in danger, so it gets you ready for a flight, fright or fight response. Increased heart rate and faster breathing is some of it.

When you feel it coming... think of you doing sports. When you're doing physical activity, the same thing happens. Your heart rate goes up, your breathing gets faster. Yet, when you're doing physical activity, it doesn't generally mean you're having a stroke. So no, you are okay. You're not having a heart attack, or anything. Just your mind and body thinks you are in a threatening situation (which isn't the case). Try to breath, and focus on that. Just in.... and out. You're okay.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello yflorence87, welcome to the forum.

Y

yflorence87

Thank you so much. It sometimes last on and off throughout the day. I go to the hospital and they run all these test and its nothing. Thank you so much.

Bod

Bod

Hi and welcome to the forum, I am sorry you suffer so bad when you get the anxiety and with me I can get just a bit dizzy but not too bad.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Anxiety, maybe ROCD and new on fluoxetine Introduce Yourself 4
D Hi everyone, I have depression and anxiety, maybe also DID and some features that exist in personality disorders (cluster b) Introduce Yourself 13
S Has anyone else developed anxiety & depression after taking prescribed zomorph for years for chronic pain Introduce Yourself 7
L Looking for support and advice on anxiety Introduce Yourself 14
S Nearly lifelong anxiety issues Introduce Yourself 9
D Hi all i have suffered with anxiety on and off for 30 years Introduce Yourself 11
M Apophenia/Coincidences/Perceived Patterns leading to anxiety Introduce Yourself 1
D Dizziness, Panic Attacks, Shaking, Anxiety Introduce Yourself 8
S diagnosed with general anxiety disorder after stopping smoking Introduce Yourself 15
T Hello Everyone -2nd Battle of Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
J Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
K Hello everybody, I have a condition called anxiety Introduce Yourself 15
C New to Anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
L Ocd/anxiety/retroactive jealousy Introduce Yourself 33
R Health anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
C Social Anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
D Health anxiety is pulling me down Introduce Yourself 6
darknutmeg Dealing with Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
Shenon Another anxiety sufferer Introduce Yourself 10
F just need to express my severe anxiety and emotional issues Introduce Yourself 6
O Major depression and general anxiety Introduce Yourself 13
M Suffering from health anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
F anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
S Anxiety sufferer looking for a friendly chat. Introduce Yourself 12
R I struggle with derealization, anxiety depression Introduce Yourself 4
R I think I am broken. Getting help for my anxiety and ect is causing me anxiety. Introduce Yourself 8
T Health Anxiety, So ready to give up, I physically ache with pain and depression! Introduce Yourself 15
K Health Anxiety & GAD Introduce Yourself 18
Dragonfly111 New here, health anxiety, recent losses in family Introduce Yourself 8
S New here. Anxiety central lol Introduce Yourself 4
S Generalised Anxiety or OCD? What do you think? Introduce Yourself 5
G Hello I would love to talk with people who are suffering from anxiety Introduce Yourself 47
P Hi there.. post breakdown and experiencing depression, anxiety and ptsd. Introduce Yourself 25
A Hi all......long term anxiety maniac here! Introduce Yourself 13
B Here for Anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
O Anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
N My name is neil. Im an ex nurse and i suffer from p t s d and sever depression. Including anxiety and panic attacks. I've suffered this for 15 years a Introduce Yourself 13
F Coping with loneliness , isolation and anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
K Social Anxiety AFTER Social Experiences Introduce Yourself 5
B FREEDOM FROM ANXIETY Introduce Yourself 14
S Hi im new,i suffer from anxiety and would like to know how you folks cope with it Introduce Yourself 9
L Hey I'm new here 30yr old Male UK; social anxiety, depression and specific phobia. Introduce Yourself 12
C The Many Forms of Anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
B Anxiety Introduce Yourself 10
D Hi my name is dawn, just joined and I have an anxiety disorder. Introduce Yourself 16
girlwiththekittytattoo I'm new and I feel damaged. CSA and drug-facilitated crime survivor with lots of anxiety, struggle with depression and looking into CPTSD and BDD.. Introduce Yourself 7
R Health anxiety, twitching, MND/ALS?? 😱 Introduce Yourself 8
W Hello! Overthinking, insomnia, social anxiety, performance anxiety, paruresis, depression. Introduce Yourself 6
P Generalized Anxiety Disorder/Constant Worry about the stupidest things/never sleep well Introduce Yourself 5
P New User. Generalized Anxiety Disorder which makes me worry CONSTANTLY. Introduce Yourself 14