• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxiety, OCD and the Law Of Attraction

• Thread starter Charlie Patterson
  • Start date
C

Charlie Patterson

Hey everyone. Now as of lately, I've been thinking a lot about manifestation, and the Law of Attraction... How if you think certain thoughts, those said thoughts become reality. Now I don't know if you guys believe in such a concept, hell I'm not sure I do myself but my anxiety doesn't care lol
But I have what appears to be a form of OCD, I've been dealing with it for years now and given my other anxieties, my thoughts are inherently of a negative nature... Does this mean I'm completely doomed for the rest of my life? Lately Ive been hit with the anxiety that my horrible thoughts regarding my fears will come true due to the law of attraction... If you can enlighten me further in manifestation and how it works with anxiety that'd be greatly appreciated...
I hope you're all having a good day : )

E

EclipticNight

There is a little truth to the idea in quantum physics, mainly that matter can be in multiple places until its "observed" which forces it to choose a location.

That said on a macro scale the will to do or have something wont translate into it actually taking shape. Let's consider air travel a moment. Every time you fly you worry the plane will crash. It does not and you forget about the feeling. One day an engine blows up and you feel like you knew it would happen, when in fact you expect it every time. It's a trick of the mind making you feel like you knew something would happen. I do this quite a lot.

Your not doomed, you may expect negatives but when it does not happen you'll forget you considered it. If we could will things to become real we would all be rich. You've nothing to worry about in regards to willing negatives into your life. Just avoid self fulfilling prophecies.

zula77

zula77

That's really interesting. I find that if I imagine a scenario going badly it tends to go badly but if I don't bring my negative thoughts into imaging real life scenarios my anxiety about an event is unfounded. Our thoughts don't have the power to change situations, but we can allow them to affect our actions which can change a situation

E

EclipticNight

Right. If you focus on a negitive the chances of forcing that negitive are greater but it only applies to things we can influence. Sometimes we feel a situation will be negitive from past experience and so it usually is. It's still not being willed into being, your just smarter than you think and calculate all of that in the background.

TheRealMe

TheRealMe

Hey everyone. Now as of lately, I've been thinking a lot about manifestation, and the Law of Attraction... How if you think certain thoughts, those said thoughts become reality. Now I don't know if you guys believe in such a concept, hell I'm not sure I do myself but my anxiety doesn't care lol
But I have what appears to be a form of OCD, I've been dealing with it for years now and given my other anxieties, my thoughts are inherently of a negative nature... Does this mean I'm completely doomed for the rest of my life? Lately Ive been hit with the anxiety that my horrible thoughts regarding my fears will come true due to the law of attraction... If you can enlighten me further in manifestation and how it works with anxiety that'd be greatly appreciated...
I hope you're all having a good day : )
I'm glad I read your post. I have had this thought so many times! Overall I've never believed in the law of attraction, but I do feel like of thought myself into a mess of a life. Constantly calculating, evaluating and re-evaluating everything until the worst case scenario plays out. I too suffer from un wanted thoughts, maybe obsessions about things I fear coming true. Sometimes they are things I fear I would do to someone, or someone else will do to someone I care about, or accidents I could have prevented but didn't. I like the replies from the others on here as well. I do tend to obsess over the worst, no matter how many times its never happened

S

sunnyday3

yes i suffer from intrusive thoughts as well, and no because you have scary thoughts it doesn't mean that will happen in real life. i know its confusing when people say everything you think will come reality but they are not thinking of people who have anxiety or ocd. try your best to think positive. its always good to remember that our thoughts are just thoughts. you will be okay, everything will work out.