Anxiety need help

L

Lashaie2012

I have the Apple Watch and constantly check my heart rate and I feel like it’s making things worse . Everyone says to turn it off but I still keep it on, any suggestions ?

J

Jules5

Hopefully it is just a new toy to examine. Make sure you are okay since you have this feature on Apple. You are okay and if not you go straight to the hospital. Love the watch

megirl

megirl

I would be exactly the same,
Like I always say to people its always good to have a check up every now and again.
Heart rate can go up and down for lots of different reason, and we're all different.
For your peace of mind make an appointment to see your gp.
And anxiety of course can affect your pulse rate

L

Lashaie2012

Yeah I’ve been to the doctor everything is fine besides my fast heart rate because I have anxiety and get nervous

L

Lashaie2012

I’ve been to the hospital many times and they keep saying it’s my anxiety nothing more . I’m very healthy

megirl

megirl

Thats a relief you are physically healthy,
Take care,

L

Lashaie2012

Yes big relief but something still in the back of my mind still lingers and worrry about whether I really am

P

Pollypop

What is it that makes you still feel something is wrong?
Do you have any other symptoms apart from the changes
in your heartbeat.

As others have said, your anxiety will definitely affect it.

Have you been given any medication?
Or tried relaxation exercises, meditation, mindfulness etc.

I have tried many things.
it’s a matter of what suits each individual.
I know anxiety is awful.

Take care,
Pollypop x

L

Lashaie2012

The anxiety symptoms is what gets to me like now my mouth feels weird and eyes feel tired. I don’t like taking medication but I go to a therapist every week and try breathing techniques & mediation apps . The medication I have make me feel worse

L

Lashaie2012

Oh and I turned my Apple Watch heart rate monitor off finally about a hour ago

P

Pollypop

Well done for turning the heart rate monitor off.
That is a really big step to take.

I hope you get some benefit from seeing the therapist.
I’m sure that, and the app will help eventually.

Are you still on medication?
If so, what have you had.
Please don’t answer if you feel I am being intrusive.

Also, what kind of therapist are you seeing?
Try to keep positive.
Definitely easier said than done!!

Pollypop x

megirl

megirl

That's good to hear
Turning it offs the best idea,
If the Dr had any concerns in regards to your physical health he would have told you.

L

Lashaie2012

I’ve been on lorezapam and hydroxyzine hcl. I’m seeing a psychologist weekly. It was helping a lot controlled my anxiety for one whole month. They are just concerned with my heart rate when I get my vitals done . It’s at 116 but that’s because I get very nervous. They gave me beta blockers but they drop my blood pressure way to low and I feel crazy

L

Lashaie2012

I think turning it off will help a lot I’m so tempted to turn it back on but have to fight it

megirl

megirl

Yeh I've had doctors panicking over my pulse rate but once they have a decent look at my notes it would be unusual my resting pulse rate was under 80
Everything else is fine,
If I was at the doctors and my pulse was say 70 I would be like ummm...thats weird

L

Lashaie2012

Yeah like it’s normal in my opinion to get nervous while at the doctor. It will go up and then when I relax it goes down

G

gam9147

Just try to remind yourself that anxiety symptoms can cause all kinds of body reactions and a fast pulse is 'normal' with anxiety, its one of the most common symptoms. I also get this, and dry mouth and definitely feel tired (right now!). Of course you should have the doctor check you over, but you said you've done this.

I think many of us understand about the checking. I recently had a blood sugar monitor on (the scan ones), because I thought there was an issue with my sugar dropping too low. It checked it constantly, and the anxiety got worse until I realize the stupid monitor wasn't that accurate. Then things got crazy from there, but even once you know, it doesn't stop the anxiety.

turning it off is just to try to stop your focus, if it helps try turning it off for certain times of day when you may feel safer and go from there. Your heart is actually a fairly robust organ and a fast pulse does not usually cause any further health problems unless its a result of some other medical condition, but if the doctor gave you a clean bill of health, you must try to believe in him/her and trust its just anxiety.

G

L

Lashaie2012

Yeah I turned it off and haven’t been too anxious about turning it back on. I always feel tired or feel short of breath like I can’t breath

P

Pollypop

Try keeping some mints or other sweets to suck.
This may help produce saliva and help keep your mouth moist.
I always keep a bottle of water with me.
It’s by no means a miracle cure but they are both my
“comfort blanket”