• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxiety, nausea, IBS?

J

Jadenatalie3

Hi guys, not sure if anyone has experienced anything like this before. basically approx 6 years ago, i started very randomly with nausea quite constant and gurgling tummy etc. What followed was lots of tests and things to try that i thought would help such as: stool tests for inflammation, h-pylori, blood tests, endoscopy, colonoscopy, hida scan, lactose free diet, gluten free diet, fodmap diet, peppermint, ginger, anti nausea tablets from the doctor. nothing worked. the gastro discharged me with a diagnosis of ongoing IBS which i've had for approx 12 years anyway. I got depressed from feeling poorly all the time, so i was put on antidepressants, within weeks my nausea had gone. So me and my partner thought, it must have been anxiety? eventhough at the time, i didnt feel particularly anxious i dont think?! anyway, it didnt come back until i had a short break from AD's a few years back, so i went back on the AD's and it stopped again. Now i've been off my AD's for 8 weeks and its returned again along with the gurgling stomach, crampy stomach, diahroea

Anyone else suffered similar? Obviously i'm massively swaying to it being anxiety related due to the relief the antidepressants give me from it. I completely stumbled across the 'cure' by accident due to feeling depressed and needing antidepressants all those years ago. very strange.

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 there are a lot of lovely people on the forum to support and help you. They will be along soon when awake. Have a look around and join in the conversations if you want to.

I

Inie

Hi. I had issues with my stomach for years. Was told I had IBS. I was also often nauseous and had no appetite. I have bad anxiety and it worsen as I got older. It wasn’t until I went on AD that I found relief although it took 2 years to find the right meds. Now my IBS is gone. I have an appetite put on some weight which I needed. I also tried to be off meds and like you my stomach troubles returned. Some of just need to be on meds even if we don’t like it.

J

Jadenatalie3

Hi. I had issues with my stomach for years. Was told I had IBS. I was also often nauseous and had no appetite. I have bad anxiety and it worsen as I got older. It wasn’t until I went on AD that I found relief although it took 2 years to find the right meds. Now my IBS is gone. I have an appetite put on some weight which I needed. I also tried to be off meds and like you my stomach troubles returned. Some of just need to be on meds even if we don’t like it.
Yep that's my worry because I've already been through 3 different antidepressants which didn't work So I feel I'm already running out of options but I'm going to try give it a go without the antidepressants for a few months..

I

Inie

Don’t be discouraged. It’s trial and error with these meds. So many meds that are out there. Hoping you will find yr relief.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Which antidepressants were you on?

I

Inie

Tried all the SSRIs made me feel crazier. Mirtzapine took for 2 years then pooped out. Tried Depokate (messed up my liver had to be hospitalized), Lamotrigine (gave me rash) lithium, Seroquel, Xanax, Ativan and more I forgot the names of the rest. Thankfully I’m no longer on any of these meds.

S

Sally89

Does your ibs get worst when anxious or worried because when I worry I get tummy gurgling and my stomach hurts

J

Jadenatalie3

Does your ibs get worst when anxious or worried because when I worry I get tummy gurgling and my stomach hurts
Hi Sally, yes I think so. I think that's why I'm struggling at the moment. But it's quite constant at the minute.

S

Sally89

I only just started in January getting tummy gurgling and bad stomach. I swear that lockdown started it