Anxiety my neighbours are watching me!!

C

cookoo

So i live on my own and now that its summer holidays i feel the mums in the neighbour hood are watching me 24/7. i feel like people keep an eye out on what time i wake up so sleep and whatever i do inbetween. i don't really leave the house so im convinced people no my routine. i feel like when people are walking past my house they purposely say things to tease me. how do i stop this thinking and paranoid feeling. For example i normally take a shower on mondays and when i woke up i opened all my windows and go eat in my kitchen. after about half an hour i heard a kid say "going up going downnnnn". In my mind this meant his mother made him say that to imply now im going to go upstairs do something and then shes going to go downstairs....its driving me mad!!!!! the other day before i ordered food i heard someone outside my window saying "Hi" as in thats what im going to say to the delivery person when my food arrives. OMG i feel cornered bullied and targeted. Even if these neighbours are trying to be clever but not personally target me how do i stop feeling so paranoid!!!! i cant listen to loud music or tv all day can i to stop hearing these people outside my house??

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

So i live on my own and now that its summer holidays i feel the mums in the neighbour hood are watching me 24/7.
Do you have any rational reason to be worried?

I ask, because what you are worrying about, isn't likely. Your neighbors have better things to do (like watching their kids and minding their own business) than to constantly keep tabs on you.

C

cookoo

Do you have any rational reason to be worried?

I ask, because what you are worrying about, isn't likely. Your neighbors have better things to do (like watching their kids and minding their own business) than to constantly keep tabs on you.
that's exactly how i feel too that just how im not concerned about my neighbours what they do or say thats how they must feel about me. but why do i constantly feel like people purposely speak louder when they are walking past my house is specific, its like they want me to hear them and feel paranoid

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

that's exactly how i feel too that just how im not concerned about my neighbours what they do or say thats how they must feel about me. but why do i constantly feel like people purposely speak louder when they are walking past my house is specific, its like they want me to hear them and feel paranoid
Are you really sure they suddenly speak louder only when they pass your house?

If that happens once in a while, I wouldn't be concerned about it. If it continues, you might want to check in with both your ENT and MH doc, to make sure your perceptions are accurate.

C

cookoo

Are you really sure they suddenly speak louder only when they pass your house?

If that happens once in a while, I wouldn't be concerned about it. If it continues, you might want to check in with both your ENT and MH doc, to make sure your perceptions are accurate.
yes i've actually sat near my window and witnessed it myself them talking louder when near my house. i feel people are just trying to be clever by timing what they say and when to make me feel paranoid but what gets to me is why would people do that

E

Edinscotbrit

I`m sorry but this is paranoia. You must get some help with this.

All you`re hearing as the people approach is an increase in sound as they get closer to you, once they have passed the sound will fade as they walk further away.

No-one will waste their time trying to time what they say as they get near you.

C

cookoo

I`m sorry but this is paranoia. You must get some help with this.

All you`re hearing as the people approach is an increase in sound as they get closer to you, once they have passed the sound will fade as they walk further away.

No-one will waste their time trying to time what they say as they get near you.
Yes I agree. When I was working and busy things like this never crossed my mind. But since I’m at home now taking depression medicine and moving to my new house I really feel targeted. But I’m so convinced that people say things to make me feel paranoid. I’ve put on weight since moving and I sometimes feel people walk past my house at certain times knowing I’ll be looking out the window to mimic how I look. My kitchen faces the main road so I see people walking past. The other day I saw a very thin man walking past and then a fat man behind him and they both were looking at my house. In my mind I felt that they were teasing me.

E

Edinscotbrit

Yes I agree. When I was working and busy things like this never crossed my mind. But since I’m at home now taking depression medicine and moving to my new house I really feel targeted. But I’m so convinced that people say things to make me feel paranoid. I’ve put on weight since moving and I sometimes feel people walk past my house at certain times knowing I’ll be looking out the window to mimic how I look. My kitchen faces the main road so I see people walking past. The other day I saw a very thin man walking past and then a fat man behind him and they both were looking at my house. In my mind I felt that they were teasing me.
People come in diffrent shapes and sizes. And people walk around all the time.

Nobody could possibly know what times you are looking at the window, it`s just not possible, simple as.

People have a tendency to look , folk have a tendency to be nosey, or even just glancing , possibly because they caught sight of a figure, YOU, in your kitchen. Where I used to live people would look in as they saw me, for example, cleaning or they heard the souind of the vacuum, or such like.

In the few seconds it would take for them to pass the house, how could you possibly think they were making fun of you? Probably didn`t even know who you are.

You really need help with this.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

People have a tendency to look , folk have a tendency to be nosey, or even just glancing , possibly because they caught sight of a figure, YOU, in your kitchen. Where I used to live people would look in as they saw me, for example, cleaning or they heard the souind of the vacuum, or such like..

This is so true! People are just curious. I have, on more than one occasion, caught my neighbors on numerous occasions with their faces pressed to the windows staring in my house. It's annoying, but I don't think it means much of anything. I just keep my blinds drawn most of the time.