Anxiety moved to depression

L

Luckychap

Hi, I have been off work for two weeks after something triggered an awful bout of anxiety. After about 4 weeks of an unresolved issue, my anxiety turned to depression and I just felt overwhelmed and kept getting upset. I have a history but not bad depression for 18 years. I take escitalopram 20 mg. My works Dr has confirmed I have severe depression. I just feel so low and hopeless. I am hoping for a role change at work when I go back so I can just feel better. I could do with any help you can suggest for the low mood. X

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello Luckychap did you know that anxiety and depression tend to do a loop. i think this is how it goes. when we are in ongoing anxiety we get tired and then flat ta da depression then rears it head and then that goes and back to anxiety unless you are fortunate where the cloud lifts for a while

L

Luckychap

Thanks blacksmoke, I hadn't recognised it was a loop. I am hoping it will lift. I have found listening to Esther hicks soothing and that's helping .

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

its good to start putting things together to get you through a kind of coping mechanism. to get 'through' the rough patches.
glad you are finding that useful me at the mo its classical music of all things lol never would have thought it gee how we change in life

L

Luckychap

Don't mind a bit of Rachmaninoff me self. Something pure about it☺

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

ah piano not that keen like an orchastra myself. but thanks always good to know who is out there

P

purpleorchid

My anxiety and depression loops like this too, Although at the moment I feel like I have both at the same time and I legit just feel fed up with everything and everyone, so yeah I need to sort that out :unsure:

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

My anxiety and depression loops like this too, Although at the moment I feel like I have both at the same time and I legit just feel fed up with everything and everyone, so yeah I need to sort that out :unsure:
yeah its a crap mix alright. just hang on in there

L

Luckychap

Hi folks well my depression has gone back to anxiety as you predicted it might. I have stopped crying and feeling hopeless but now my thoughts are facing again. I am hoping it's like being in a lift and I am on my way back up and have to pass the anxiety floor. Trying meditation and will done but of gardening today x

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

i dont ever own it as mine i usually say i struggle with it but it aint me. i am more and you are much more than these two things.

anxiety when its bad even after manic and i mean manic gardening just doesnt go miserable really. but hey ho such is life i guess. one thing i will say regarding anxiety is that it gets things done!!

L

Luckychap

Yeah I know what you mean . I have started a few jobs but find concentration hard. I am thinking of going back to work next week part time