• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety, maybe depression?

D

DeputyDepressed

I spoke a bit earlier about my work situation. I work as a Deputy Sheriff and for two years, you work in the jail before you go on patrol. It’s a negative place, you see the worst side of people. The job itself hasn’t affected me negatively, what gets me is the coworkers. I’ve always gotten along with coworkers and built great relationships in the last. Right now it’s tough. They’re very clicky, and standoffish. I try to initiate conversations and get to know them but it’s always brought back with smart ass remarks and a lot of belittling. It’s always makes me feel like what am I doing wrong to deserve this? I help my partners out, I work hard, and I treat them all very respectfully. Only to be belittled and treated like crap. I get so anxious I can’t sleep, have no interest in things I enjoy doing, nothing. It’s a great job and I support my family with my income. So I try to keep that in mind. It just sucks when you’re already having the stress the inmates provide, and having the ones who should be on your side also treating you negatively does not help. Working 3rd shift, weekends and holidays has caused me to lose a lot of my friends and I have been feeling alone lately. I hope that when my probation is up and I go out on the road it makes it better. Maybe a change of scenery will do some good.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Hello. I hope you are feeling better now. :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bellaone Anxiety Forum 15
Topcat Anxiety Forum 12
R Anxiety Forum 5
A Anxiety Forum 6
W Anxiety Forum 3