• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety is through the roof

P

purple_elephants

As the title states, my anxiety is really, really, bad right now. For the last week, the shit has hit the fan, and to make it worse, or rather the main cause, is that I got a letter from SSI last week stating that they need more information to continue my benefits. I have a meeting later this week with a mental health person to see how I am doing. No one told me this was going to happen, the many times I called the SSI office, and the person in charge of doing my normal, three year SSI review. They said that there were no red flags, my SSI was being continued, don't worry, just last month! I am a mess. My anxiety level is bad, I am not sleeping well (it is 3 am here), I am cranky, agitated, and a few times had serious thoughts of suicide over all that has happened. I don't know what I will do if they decide I am well enough to discontinue my SSI. I sent pages of documents, filled out their standard paperwork very thoroughly, they have my bad history, yet this is happening?!

I just didn't know who else to talk to, as if I tell me PDOC, there is a risk that she will admit me, and this is NOT going to happen. I have never been inpatient, and damn well never plan to be. I have been taking Xanax nightly to help with the sleep and everything else, and it is not helping in the slightest. I just don't know how to calm down and not worry over all of this.

O

Outofstarlight

I know I probably sound stupid, I just joined, but to relax (without being bad to myself) I try to take a bath and listen to music, it sounds silly but just try it! Or I'll be up all night and you can contact me :) hope I help xx

P

purple_elephants

I just replied to your post about meds. I hope my advice helps.

No, it is not stupid, and is what my old therapist said to do. I can't make much noise, as my family is asleep, so the bath and music are out. I am drinking a nice hot drink and watching a movie online to try and distract myself from, well, myself.

Thanks for the advice. It is good for a newbie. :welcome:

O

Outofstarlight

I love to drink hot tea when I get down, also if you ever run out of things to watch, Doctor Who its very entertaining and uplifting :)

P

purple_elephants

I dislike tea, lol. So far I haven't. I am watching Intervention from A & E and the drama is very entertaining. All my friends love that show and are trying to get me to watch it, as well as the Big Bang one. I refuse to just to p*ss them off (in a friendly, fun way).

A

amber1

P_e I really enjoyed the Intervention series, must have watched all I could find on YouTube, it's very addictive lol! I also loved Lock Up Raw, the prison documentary series. Then I got to watching the entire 690 plus episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H, the Australian drama series set in a women's prison. I wish to God I could concentrate to watch anything right now, it would at least distract me from the s*** that's going round my head. I have a taste for dark material when I watch drama and documentaries...well, I suppose it resonates with me. and sadly I feel like a prisoner in my own life a lot of the time.