• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety is starting to flare up again (Sleep deprived and haven’t been taking my meds for a few days).

MrBond007

MrBond007

Okay so, recently my anxiety levels have been fairly moderate to low recently. I mean all I’ve been doing these past few days or nights rather since my sleeping pattern has been so messed up, is playing video games. I’ve been playing a lot recently. I guess I’m catching up after all the months I’ve missed out on playing them. Usually the thought of playing computer games would make me feel anxious but I was never really that anxious whilst I began playing them.

I have so many anxious/OCD-type thoughts and thought processes, near enough all of which for no real reason. I tend to create irrational and flat out untrue scenarios in my head to where I would worry about them for days if not weeks or possibly months. At this point I’ve gotten really fed up with it all.

But anyways, recently my mood has been rather good these past few days anxiety wise. Like I said, playing video games has been a blast, even if my sleeping pattern is completely messed up. However my sleeping pattern has been so messed up that I haven’t picked up my medication (50mg Sertraline) for a few days now. And I think today in particular, I’ve been experiencing some side effects. Though I was mostly at ease today playing my games and what not, I would often get episodes of agitation and frustration. Constantly thinking about past events and get really angry over them.

Also, I’ve just noticed my anxiety starting to rise a few moments ago. Worrying about irrational, unchangeable stuff for no real reason. And it crept upon me rather suddenly. It must be the fact I haven’t taken my medication for a few days. That and the fact I’ve just had a can of Pepsi and I’m absolutely exhausted because my sleeping pattern is so messed up (I’ve been up since 12am). I did indeed went to my local chemist today to pick up my tablets, but it was closed and then I realised it was Sunday.

B

Bod

Former member
First thing in the morning you need to go and get your meds as stopping taking them without a GPs help can be very dangerous to us, I always make sure I get my new lot before I run out.

W

WanderingA

I agree with bod. Taking meds that you've been specifically prescribed is dangerous to just come off them.. even if your feeling better still carry on taking them. It's hard when life is busy and we forget alot. I always keep my repeat prescription in sight every day and I write on the calendar when I'm due to put my prescription in and when it's ready to pick up so I don't forget. That's probably the reason why your now feeling the anxiety creeping in. It's great that video games are giving you joy!. But I would definitely try and find more of a suitable routine for yourself. Sending hugs

2Much2Feel

Okay so, recently my anxiety levels have been fairly moderate to low recently. I mean all I’ve been doing these past few days or nights rather since my sleeping pattern has been so messed up, is playing video games. I’ve been playing a lot recently. I guess I’m catching up after all the months I’ve missed out on playing them. Usually the thought of playing computer games would make me feel anxious but I was never really that anxious whilst I began playing them.

I have so many anxious/OCD-type thoughts and thought processes, near enough all of which for no real reason. I tend to create irrational and flat out untrue scenarios in my head to where I would worry about them for days if not weeks or possibly months. At this point I’ve gotten really fed up with it all.

But anyways, recently my mood has been rather good these past few days anxiety wise. Like I said, playing video games has been a blast, even if my sleeping pattern is completely messed up. However my sleeping pattern has been so messed up that I haven’t picked up my medication (50mg Sertraline) for a few days now. And I think today in particular, I’ve been experiencing some side effects. Though I was mostly at ease today playing my games and what not, I would often get episodes of agitation and frustration. Constantly thinking about past events and get really angry over them.

Also, I’ve just noticed my anxiety starting to rise a few moments ago. Worrying about irrational, unchangeable stuff for no real reason. And it crept upon me rather suddenly. It must be the fact I haven’t taken my medication for a few days. That and the fact I’ve just had a can of Pepsi and I’m absolutely exhausted because my sleeping pattern is so messed up (I’ve been up since 12am). I did indeed went to my local chemist today to pick up my tablets, but it was closed and then I realised it was Sunday.
Yeah, @MrBond007, it is worrisome that you haven't taken your meds. It's strange, but no matter how many times I go through it, for some reason it's always hard for me to to believe in the moment that how I'm feeling is so dependent on my meds. Sometimes it's not so clear when you're in it that it's the lack of meds/med adjustment that is responsible for so much of how you feel, sleep patterns, etc. xx

S

shirley u gessed

ditto on the "take your meds" advice. There are too many things that can happen when you stop long term medication abruptly.
Maybe then you can work on your sleep patterns.
Good luck!

2Much2Feel

ditto on the "take your meds" advice. There are too many things that can happen when you stop long term medication abruptly.
Maybe then you can work on your sleep patterns.
Good luck!
yes, I just realised I sounded rather blasé about it, didn't mean to. I actually almost ended up in ER stopping benzo abruptly. You often have no idea how dangerous it could be to just stop. I'd call your pharmacy/chemist immediately, talk to them about it, and get those filled. xx