Anxiety is scaring me so much

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Recently my health anxiety has come back after it has been away for a few weeks and I was doing really good with managing it but it's coming back and I don't know how to deal with it. I'm constantly scared about my heart rate and my heart in general. I'm scared of dying of a heart attack. I've had tests done a few weeks ago and everything was positive, wouldn't they have seen if anything was wrong before hand? I'm just so scared. Does anxiety cause your heart rate to decrease? Please help me, I can't begin to explain who scared I am of dying.

P

Pink1234

I would think anxiety is more likely to increase heart rate. When you say that your heart rate is slow what rate is it at?

Sharad1a

Sharad1a

Alot of the time resting heart rate on the blood test monitor (where its supposed to be relaxing) is high :s

Ive heard of around 65 but never 50 when awake

E

EstherRose94

My bfs is that low! He says it’s because he runs a lot. If you’re very active your resting heart rate can be lower.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

At rest, or up walking around? That sounds more like a sleeping heart rate.
It's usually when I'm very anxious and awake. When sleeping I think it's a bit higher than that, my doctor has told me that there is nothing wrong and I guess it's perhaps caused by a lifestyle of no exercise, would you agree?

BadCow

BadCow

It's usually when I'm very anxious and awake. When sleeping I think it's a bit higher than that, my doctor has told me that there is nothing wrong and I guess it's perhaps caused by a lifestyle of no exercise, would you agree?
Sounds like you have the heartrate of a RUNNER. People that RUN seem to have a much lower heartrate than those who don't. Speaking for myself, I do not run, but have worked out with weights for the past 12 years. When I get on a treadmill I can't get my heartrate above 120. My wife's will hit 150+. Who knows for sure. As long as your Doc tells you it's fine, then roll with it.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Sounds like you have the heartrate of a RUNNER. People that RUN seem to have a much lower heartrate than those who don't. Speaking for myself, I do not run, but have worked out with weights for the past 12 years. When I get on a treadmill I can't get my heartrate above 120. My wife's will hit 150+. Who knows for sure. As long as your Doc tells you it's fine, then roll with it.
Thanks for the help.

L

littlehans

I've had and still have similar sensations, that with the time I realized was all is in my mind.
I sometimes felt like my heart was beating very intensely, and that felt very uncomfortable, and I could not set my mind out of it so it became very despairing, at the point I felt totally absorved by that and reaching a point where I feel that is imposible to live with that in my mind and all that is left for me is to die.

But I have this same sensation with different subjects, for example, worriyng or "feeling too much" my breathing, a sensation that I have the need to control when I should stop exhaling and start inhaling, or hearing an annoying ring in my ears, or feeling an unpleasant and difficult to explain feeling of unease with my eyes and forehead, something that I use to feel when I look at objects that are too close to my eyes, is an undescriptable urge too close my eyes and move the object away from me. Also, it happened to me that I start visualizing unwanted images on my mind.

All those things triggers the same sensation: Extreme desperation, hopelesness, intense fear, panick, sofocation, like my life has ti end, that I have no way out of that, that I could never have mental peace and enjoy any moment in life because those self harming "ideas" would haunt me everytime, everywhere.

But life has showed me that I did get out of it many times, in and out, and when I get out of those obsessive thoughts and I am feeling good thinking about them makes me laugh on them, they look stupid and I can hardly believe that I could have been suffering from such ridiculous ideas.

When I'm in, I mean mentally weak or sick, my mind is an easy pray for any harming thought I can imagine, stupid things become the most feared and menacing devils for me, at the óint of thinking that all there is to do is give up on life.

But when I'm out, or my mind is working normally, thinking about those stupid things just seems too useless to spend or waste time on them, they are nothing, they don't have the power to disturb me, I live jus't, normally.

So I realized that the world outside is not the issue, the material world is not the problem, my mind, my spirit, my mood, something that is inside of us that makes us strong to deal with anything in life is what goes wrong, Is a condition of extreme vulnerability against the world, against life itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

I've had and still have similar sensations, that with the time I realized was all is in my mind.
I sometimes felt like my heart was beating very intensely, and that felt very uncomfortable, and I could not set my mind out of it so it became very despairing, at the point I felt totally absorved by that and reaching a point where I feel that is imposible to live with that in my mind and all that is left for me is to die.

But I have this same sensation with different subjects, for example, worriyng or "feeling too much" my breathing, a sensation that I have the need to control when I should stop exhaling and start inhaling, or hearing an annoying ring in my ears, or feeling an unpleasant and difficult to explain feeling of unease with my eyes and forehead, something that I use to feel when I look at objects that are too close to my eyes, is an undescriptable urge too close my eyes and move the object away from me. Also, it happened to me that I start visualizing unwanted images on my mind.

All those things triggers the same sensation: Extreme desperation, hopelesness, intense fear, panick, sofocation, like my life has ti end, that I have no way out of that, that I could never have mental peace and enjoy any moment in life because those self harming "ideas" would haunt me everytime, everywhere.

But life has showed me that I did get out of it many times, in and out, and when I get out of those obsessive thoughts and I am feeling good thinking about them makes me laugh on them, they look stupid and I can hardly believe that I could have been suffering from such ridiculous ideas.

When I'm in, I mean mentally weak or sick, my mind is an easy pray for any harming thought I can imagine, stupid things become the most feared and menacing devils for me, at the óint of thinking that all there is to do is give up on life.

But when I'm out, or my mind is working normally, thinking about those stupid things just seems too useless to spend or waste time on them, they are nothing, they don't have the power to disturb me, I live jus't, normally.

So I realized that the world outside is not the issue, the material world is not the problem, my mind, my spirit, my mood, something that is inside of us that makes us strong to deal with anything in life is what goes wrong, Is a condition of extreme vulnerability against the world, against life itself.
Thank you for this, I see your point and what you've stated here. I've learned that what is happening to me is mental and if there was something wrong, something would've happened by now.

L

Loreal

Recently my health anxiety has come back after it has been away for a few weeks and I was doing really good with managing it but it's coming back and I don't know how to deal with it. I'm constantly scared about my heart rate and my heart in general. I'm scared of dying of a heart attack. I've had tests done a few weeks ago and everything was positive, wouldn't they have seen if anything was wrong before hand? I'm just so scared. Does anxiety cause your heart rate to decrease? Please help me, I can't begin to explain who scared I am of dying.
Yes, anxiety can cause the heartbeat to slow down, although it's not that common, but it is possible.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Yes, anxiety can cause the heartbeat to slow down, although it's not that common, but it is possible.
Thanks for the response, I know that anxiety can cause certain symptoms and I understand that I should get checked my medical professionals and I have, after being checked over numerous times and with people telling me that I'm very healthy I've come to the realization that I know I'm alright but I cause myself to feel bad because I get so scared and anxious for no reason.

L

Loreal

Thanks for the response, I know that anxiety can cause certain symptoms and I understand that I should get checked my medical professionals and I have, after being checked over numerous times and with people telling me that I'm very healthy I've come to the realization that I know I'm alright but I cause myself to feel bad because I get so scared and anxious for no reason.
Anxiety can be so debilitating. I never had anxiety until a couple months ago when I started having electrical shock sensations to my tongue, to which I have been diagnosed with Glossopharyngeal neuralgia (nerve disorder). I can't sleep, as lying down is a trigger. I don't think you have anything to worry about, since your doctor has given you pretty much a clean bill of health, at least as far as your heart goes!

T

treasurebox

Do not worry because someone bigger than you and the Supreme Being is in control of your life and your health. Trust him. Think positively. Think about the good posibilities not the negative. Hope because there is hope for you.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Do not worry because someone bigger than you and the Supreme Being is in control of your life and your health. Trust him. Think positively. Think about the good posibilities not the negative. Hope because there is hope for you.
I can't lie, I'm not religious and I don't see myself believing in a high being but I respect what you've said here and I hope all is well for you, thank you for the response. I'd like to become religious but I have no guidance.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

Anxiety can be so debilitating. I never had anxiety until a couple months ago when I started having electrical shock sensations to my tongue, to which I have been diagnosed with Glossopharyngeal neuralgia (nerve disorder). I can't sleep, as lying down is a trigger. I don't think you have anything to worry about, since your doctor has given you pretty much a clean bill of health, at least as far as your heart goes!
I hope your current problems subside and you get better, thank you for the response and the re-assurance.

T

treasurebox

I can't lie, I'm not religious and I don't see myself believing in a high being but I respect what you've said here and I hope all is well for you, thank you for the response. I'd like to become religious but I have no guidance.
There are a lot of reading materials over the internet, but you don't have to be religious. You just have to be you in the presence of the Supreme being because he knows you for who you are and he loves you. Surrender your anxieties on him for her cares for you and he will guide you. You can talk to him and you can pour out to him whatever it is that is bothering you and he will help you and will give you peace and happiness. Spend time with him. He is always with you, waiting for you to come near him. He will be your guide. He will enlighten and empower you.

buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz

There are a lot of reading materials over the internet, but you don't have to be religious. You just have to be you in the presence of the Supreme being because he knows you for who you are and he loves you. Surrender your anxieties on him for her cares for you and he will guide you. You can talk to him and you can pour out to him whatever it is that is bothering you and he will help you and will give you peace and happiness. Spend time with him. He is always with you, waiting for you to come near him. He will be your guide. He will enlighten and empower you.
Thank you, I will look into the online readings and learn more. Thank you, really.