• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety is going to kill me Im sure

M

mandyj

Hi All, posted for first time on 'introduce myself' and now haven't got the energy to type it all again.I have to do something about my anxiety, it takes over my life, I feel so desperate for help. Seeing my gp on monday, 30yrs of anxiety is just to much to cope with and I cant cope with it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!:(

N

NrLondonGuy

loads of stuff you can do but go back to GP. GP's can just be a bit stuck in their drugs and don;t give you much else advice at time. If you havn't tried CBT and they feel you need it then can be very helpful in tackling the thoughts taht can fuel you anxiety. Outside of therpay / drugs you can try:

meditaiotn helps
deep breathing
anything that relaxes you
accupuncture and accupressure hlped me
loads of stuff have a look at anxiety and relation websites - lots of tips there.
http://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/
http://www.helpguide.org/mental/stress_relief_meditation_yoga_relaxation.htm

loads of stuff on internet

M

mandyj

Thank you so much for your advice, I was starting to give up. Woke up this morning and anxiety has lifted a bit, that always baffles me why that happens, there is nothing different about today then yesterday but today I can see the light whereas I couldn't before, and that really scares me. I am going to see my gp regards CBT, after suffering so long with this crippling anxiety I really dont feel I can cope with it anymore.

Again thank you x

N

NrLondonGuy

Just to let you know CBT helps challnege your life and thinking patterns and teaches you ways of coping with anxiety and ways to relax which all really help but it does take some commitment from you. Drugs can help too.

Basically take the view that anything that relaxes you will help your anxiety. Worryign about it all day and not taking action will just make it worst of course!!

CBT and drugs should be views as main routes to try but there are so mnay things alongside these that will help as well a good therapist will tell you some of these and you can read them everywhere on internet. soem ofthese are: hot baths, excersie (really helps) relaxaiton exercises, learning adominal breathing and other breathing exercises, mindfullness meditation, accupuncture and accupressure really help me which I do along side conventional treatment. Basically anything that will relax you will help ease that anxiety. Massages are good too realxing music, anything really.

T

TOONAFISH

i found cbt to help my anxiety. probably that and new meds. i still overly worry compared to a "normal" person, but it is a lot more managable.

hope you get some help from the doc. x

J

JAMES10

Anxiety is going to kill me

I know it might sound obvious but I say to you pls make use of the mental side of your self ie your mind. I urge you to rely on your mental strength to see you through. It helped in my case a lot by just relaying on sheer will power to lift my self from the rot I was in, exercise helps with mental strength in terms of you applying yourself and relieving the anxiety and stress on your mind.

Some times GPs/Doctors can get stuck in their ways and just continue to prescribe medication, which I believe in some cases might make your situation worse.