• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety is destroying my life

C

ChristianTaylor_

Hey,

About a month ago, I was seeing this girl and dropped her hamster. He is alive right now a month later and it seems he’s okay. However I’m not... i have been beating myself up over it ever since- and have been convinced that he will die, and that I had messed up our relationship. Today we broke up, and it’s basically because of my anxiety and guilt messing up myself and my mental health. I have not slept for 8 hours in weeks, as I’ve been so worried about this. I’m basically in a crisis and I need some help on how to move past this. She didn’t mind about the hamster- it was more so my response and anxiety just ruining my ability to be myself at all.

F

fluffpill

Have you tried cbt for anxiety? It works for me. Tell yourself what you are experiencing in the head is just thoughts and feelings and not reality. Don’t worry about it let these thoughts and feeling flow let them come just don’t pay attention to them

E

EclipticNight

Really sorry to hear about the break up, those are so hard to deal with. Sounds like your sensitive, i am too. In the past i would breathe and litterally talk to myself and explain why its silly to feel that way. I will assist.

The hamster is not dead, or hurt. Probably does not even hold a grudge. May have enjoyed it. If i could leap off a roof and not get hurt id do it. Calm down and focus. Hamster is alive and well. No brain dont give me that crap its fine i said, she told me!

Thats how i would have spoken to myself. After feeling insane at doing so you may realize that you can convince yourself of a truth.