• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxiety is back.

dogmom

dogmom

Hello,
it has been forever since I participated in a forum. The last time I did this it was. Wet helpful talking with people that have similar situations. I first had anxiety/panic attacks several years ago... it’s probably been 8 years. I really don’t know how I beat it the first time, but it is back. I know it started back in June. I know it has a lot to do with being home and afraid of getting sick. on Top of that, I have to wear a heart monitor for 3 weeks and that just adds to the anxiety. It was the same situation the first time I had anxiety and everything was fine. My symptoms start late in the afternoon and go into the night. Last night I woke up with a panic attack. my general doctor put me on medication, But I try not to take anything. I finally took 1/2 of the Lorazepam and that calmed me down. I would rather find other ways beside medication to calm down. It’s going to be a long 3 weeks with this monitor and I know I will be checking my heart rate constantly. It just feels good to be able to write this out. Thanks for listening.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi Dognom and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Your anxiety has a cause - fear about getting sick - and this is no small thing. There are more and more people now starting to experience anxiety and panic attacks because of this pandemic.

I suffer from anxiety too. I have managed it through this COVID ordeal by having stringent hygiene and safety routines that make me feel safe. Your home must be a sanctuary where you can relax so make sure you have daily routines that reaffirm in your mind that your environment is not posing any sort of threat to you.

The other thing I have been doing is working hard at relaxation and breathing techniques.

Talking is the best therapy for anything - panic attacks are most often the result of unexpressed fear and emotions so please use this forum to talk through your fear and explore it more.

We are here to support you and listen. We have a COVID specific section with updates and practical information to help you.

I feel exactly the same, Dognom - I have been 'Government shielded' in UK throughout and this ends shortly. It is frightening trying to juggle your physical well being and mental health whilst trying to find ways to re-join society and regain some semblance of normal life.

Sending you love and best wishes and hope you'll use the forum for support and free expression of your fears. x

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Apologies for spelling your name wrong twice :redface: My late night typing skills leave a lot to be desired. 🙏

dogmom

dogmom

Thank you for the reply. I too, try to keep everything sanitized. my go to when I feel a little anxious is to sit out in the backyard to get some sun and watch the dogs play. Unfortunately, we had a huge storm last weekend and now the Texas size mosquitos are out. We love being outside It’s our serenity.
It will definitely look into breathing techniques to help me. And of course, I always have my 2 doggies to help me calm down. 😉

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Tremors and muscle trembling from anxiety? Sad and scared! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
B Anxiety Hypochondriasis and Agoraphobia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
R Crippling anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 47
R Severe anxiety triggered by my children’s health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
R The Difficulties of Anxiety and Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
R Anxiety through the roof Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
S Differentiating Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder- Inattentive Type Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Midnight.Panda Bad anxiety about everything Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
J Who to talk to about my anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
K I feel so alone with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
M Broken glass Anxiety, please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Acute anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
FloofyPuppers Pristiq for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
T Abandonment issues/separation anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
I Healthy anxiety anybody have cherry angiomas Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Jam1990 Generalized Anxiety that leads to paranoia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
J Am I the only one on the planet or do others also experience occasional pain in heart for a second, centre of chest with ecotpics with anxiety? ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
L Please help me, I reached breaking point again. (VERY LONG TW:ANXIETY, SUICIDE, DPD) Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
E This anxiety right now is silly Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G I have a cure for anxiety think I can help you IMO Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 15
G Anxiety in my chest feels like a craving Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
Faith198 When did you realize you were suffering with anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 17
M Public speaking anxiety linked with childhood trauma? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S do i have anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anxiety is suffocating me... Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
S Anxiety and what it feels like to you Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
S Anxiety and eye floaters Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 34
H Anxiety ruining my days Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
Boudicca Anxiety ruining my stomach. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
E Acne due to anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
P Anxiety Disorder without feeling anxious or panic? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
A Anxiety/Corona and shopping Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
H Adult Separation Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
A Anxiety/friendships Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anxiety over heat Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
Hello513 I am getting sever anxiety right now Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
S Health Anxiety please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J i need relief! taking a sleep pill for anxiety! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 84
G Burning skin anxiety panic attacks body feels like in fire in bed at night Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G Anxiety tricking me into thinking I am agoraphobic Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anyone else try to shun use of social media to help Anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 17
G Anxiety panic attacks struggling Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
malika getting anxious in a an anxiety disorder forum Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3