Anxiety is affecting ability to work

L

Lauralee

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just wanted to share my job experiences and see if anyone has gone through anything similar. My anxiety has turned me into the dreaded "job hopper." I've had three jobs already this year and am out of work again because I can't deal with the daily stress and am paranoid about fitting in. I quit my last job after only two weeks, because I put so much pressure on myself to learn the complex software program and felt I wasn't learning as quickly as I should and on top of that, a coworker who was nice to me in the beginning started treating me crappy and I just couldn't deal :( I just went on another interview today for an admin job in an office and I'm hoping to get it because I need to contribute financially to my household and not leave it all up to my husband. Yet, I'm wondering how long I'll be able to make it before I start having panic attacks and just stop going in. This is getting ridiculous and I'm feeling so disappointed in myself and depressed. Any advice is appreciated, thanks for reading :)

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Lauralee
i can fully sympathise with your situation as that was me. over the years i have gotten to know myself better that has helped me but it hasnt "cured me" i had counseling as i was in a very bad way mentally.

i have found these items that you might find interesting just now

1. Grounding Techniques CBT Worksheet | Psychology Tools

2. http://www.cellularwisdom.com/Giving-power-away.shtml

for me information is power it gives us the tools to know ourselves better and that reduces the problems we have with others

as at the mo it sounds like you have a few what i call olde tapes running. your coping mechanisms are playing the spools of these audio tapes over and over. or a vinyl record where you get stuck in the rut/groove.

dunno if that makes any sense.

one thing for sure is that it is time for a change! :hug:

L

Lauralee

Lauralee
i can fully sympathise with your situation as that was me. over the years i have gotten to know myself better that has helped me but it hasnt "cured me" i had counseling as i was in a very bad way mentally.

i have found these items that you might find interesting just now

1. Grounding Techniques CBT Worksheet | Psychology Tools

2. http://www.cellularwisdom.com/Giving-power-away.shtml

for me information is power it gives us the tools to know ourselves better and that reduces the problems we have with others

as at the mo it sounds like you have a few what i call olde tapes running. your coping mechanisms are playing the spools of these audio tapes over and over. or a vinyl record where you get stuck in the rut/groove.

dunno if that makes any sense.

one thing for sure is that it is time for a change! :hug:
Thanks for your reply and encouragement blacksmoke! Gotta keep moving forward :)

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

K

KrazieKidd

Hi Lauralee,

I've been an excessive job-hopper myself!

I'm in a place where I can finally manage work now because I've finally eliminated what was making me stressed there and unable to hold down each job.(There have been MANY) Do you know what it is that causes you to leave a job? (For me, it was because the work I was doing wasn't fulfilling and I felt trapped in a job I didn't really enjoy and the hours were always too long so I was exhausted..) Then try and work on how you can minimise or even totally eliminate the factors that make you anxious so the job will become more manageable. I hope that helps.

Also, I highly recommend CBT!

All the best x

L

Lauralee

Hi KrazeeKid, glad to know I'm not alone :) lol My issues seem to stem from my social anxiety, i.e. feeling like I'm constantly being judged, feeling like nobody likes me, and setting unrealistic expectations for myself. It's brutal at times but I'm trying g to work through it. I'm on my second week at a new job and things are going pretty well, so far at least. I'm going to try my best to stick with it. (Here's hoping!) Thanks for the tips and advice, I hope things continue to go well for you!

K

KrazieKidd

Hi Lauralee!

Definitely not alone! :) Are you getting any help for your social anxiety?
All the best with your new job! (y)
Take care xx