Anxiety is a little out of control

D

Debalou38

Hi a little bit about me, well I started with anxiety nearly ten years ago I had s few problems and everything got on top of me through work with a counsellor and doctor I managed to overcome this I’ve been on sertraline for the ten years to now all of a sudden I feel like I’m slipping back in to a very dark and unwanted place. Why I don’t really know.
I have had a few bad years four years ago my husband broke his leg and had to have a plate in it then his grandad died and then three yrs ago my brother passed away suddenly and I had an hard time coming to terms with it he was so young and it should never of happened.
My brother in law passed away last year due to cancer.
A couple of months ago my son ended up in ICU on life support due to a head concussion from headering a ball believe it or not! Well thank god he’s fine now but it was so scary.
Now these last few weeks my anxiety as been higher than normal and I’m scared I’ll end up in hospital on lots of medication to calm me down but I don’t want this to happen it’s just me worrying it will and I don’t know how to stop worrying.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi. It does sound like a series of difficult life events may be instigating the anxiety. If you think this is possible, consider talk therapy. It helped me to talk to a therapist who I knew wouldn't judge me or wave away my concerns.

There are subjects that aren't appropriate to raise with friends or family members as they often tend to dismiss concerns as a way to comfort us rather than address the root of the worry.

I would also suggest you contact your doctor about your concern that the Sertraline may be losing it's efficacy. While it may not be the case, it's necessary for your doc to have all the pertinent information so as to make an informed decision about how best to treat your symptoms.

Liza9560

Liza9560

Hi there, Debalou! I’m sorry you’ve had to endure this.

I am in the same boat. For five years I’ve been on Sertraline, and I’ve liked it. But a lot of stuff has piled up on me over the last 6 weeks, just normal work/family/holidays stuff, but too much I think.

I upped my dosage of Sert from 25mg/day to 50, and it helped for about 2 weeks. Now, I’m feeling the depression and anxiety are still there; I’m weepy, preoccupied, frightened at violent intrusive thoughts. I’m still going to give the Sertraline a chance though, and be patient. I’m going to see my therapist again, too.

It’s scary and sad, to think that this drug that I resisted taking, and that turned out to work so well, has “stopped working.” Although, I’m choosing not to look at it that way. I hope it takes effect again soon, and I’m choosing to have faith that it will, and that this bumpy road will straighten itself out again. I’m a strong person! So are you.

Please let us know how things are going for you. I wish you comfort and joy!

D

Debalou38

Hi there, Debalou! I’m sorry you’ve had to endure this.

I am in the same boat. For five years I’ve been on Sertraline, and I’ve liked it. But a lot of stuff has piled up on me over the last 6 weeks, just normal work/family/holidays stuff, but too much I think.

I upped my dosage of Sert from 25mg/day to 50, and it helped for about 2 weeks. Now, I’m feeling the depression and anxiety are still there; I’m weepy, preoccupied, frightened at violent intrusive thoughts. I’m still going to give the Sertraline a chance though, and be patient. I’m going to see my therapist again, too.

It’s scary and sad, to think that this drug that I resisted taking, and that turned out to work so well, has “stopped working.” Although, I’m choosing not to look at it that way. I hope it takes effect again soon, and I’m choosing to have faith that it will, and that this bumpy road will straighten itself out again. I’m a strong person! So are you.

Please let us know how things are going for you. I wish you comfort and joy!

D

Debalou38

Hi I’m not to bad at the minute thank you.
I’ve been doing a bit of mind therapy on myself and ignoring all the negative thoughts my self.
I’m on 100mg of sertraline 50 mg in the morning and 50mg at night so I really don’t want to up my dose anymore.I’d love to not be on them at all but after nearly 10years i probably will never come off them you do become very reliant on them.
But they work most of the time that’s all that matters I can’t drink on mine at all it makes me very anxious the thought of drinking and I honestly use to love going out and having a drink but not anymore.
I’ve also put about four stone and have very low self esteem I know myself if I lost the weight i would be so much happier but I just can’t do it and that’s the worst thing I don’t know why I’m stopping myself from being happy!
I hope your tablets start working better and you are feeling happier and less anxious soon it does take a good couple of weeks to notice the difference once you’ve upped them. Good luck x

Liza9560

Liza9560

Thank you! I don’t drink; I quit that long ago. It’s still possible to go out, listen to a live band, play trivia w a group, have dinner, hang with pals...without drinking. I’m so much better without it, that’s for sure! And your drinking pals won’t care if you aren’t drinking.

If you’d like to try something a little intense, you can detox and lose weight fast by juice fasting. I love it...here is a link to a great herbalist I’ve been listening to, and an easy way to wrap your mind around green juice: YouTube
I basically do greens, berries, another couple of fruits or veggies, some cayenne, nutmeg, and ginger. Bananas and carrots are really tasty in there. I also like to pour a bit of water w lime juice in to make it drinkable. Using a blender instead of a juicer is easy—it’s like blending up your salad, and you just chug it down.

Dr. Haider is really fun and I hope you watch some other vids of his. I think you’ll find him a positive, healthy influence!

Here is a link to some fasting guidelines: 4 Ways to Perform a Juice Fast - wikiHow

Take care! Feel better. We can do this!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anxiety Forum 3
J Anxiety Forum 2
R Anxiety Forum 2
S Anxiety Forum 2
M Anxiety Forum 11