• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Anxiety getting me down

J

Julie41

Hi can anyone else relate to these anxiety symptoms- I seem to have so many 😱
Scared
Panic
Lightheaded
Palpitations
Nausea
Burning skin
Hot/cold
Wanting to run
Too much adrenaline ( body on alert)
Shaky
Worrying
Negativity
Low self esteem
Waking early
Nightmares
Always tired
Wanting to lay down & sleep
Thinking the worse
Feel a complete mess today
On meds (Increased in feb 2020)- had CBT - some days are ok
But going through a bad patch again -
feeling alone- had anxiety for many years but never this bad
Should be happy - have a lovely hubby
Kids & grandchildren & my girlie (yorkie)
Anyone else suffer like this ? 😕

R

Rider52

I'm going through the same thing right now. I get waves of anxiety throughout the day. Sometimes I feel better and other times not so great. I have medication for anxiety attacks and have tried everything to find relief. I can't figure out what's causing it and never had this issue before. I hope you feel better soon.

B

bpd2020

It sounds like your anxiety is really difficult to deal with right now. The thing about it is, there is often no logic so please do not feel bad for having it. I would call your GP to let them know it is worse. They will be able to offer some practical support for you.

DMARXX

DMARXX

Yes, you've hit some spots. I'm suffering from anxiety waves bad and I don't want to go on meds. I don't know how to cope.

R

Rider52

Yes, you've hit some spots. I'm suffering from anxiety waves bad and I don't want to go on meds. I don't know how to cope.
Mine started several months ago. I don't have any idea what is causing it. I never had any mental health issues in the past. Everyday is strong waves of anxiety and occasionally a low mood. I've tried everything to feel better and it's tough. I've been to my PCP and had a bunch of tests that came back normal. I had a couple different mental health assessments and was referred to counseling or crisis if needed. I have medication for anxiety attacks as needed.I usually keep my mind busy with hobbies or work. It usually tapers off at the end of the day and resets every morning. Some days are better than others. I hope you feel better soon.

DMARXX

DMARXX

Mine started several months ago. I don't have any idea what is causing it. I never had any mental health issues in the past. Everyday is strong waves of anxiety and occasionally a low mood. I've tried everything to feel better and it's tough. I've been to my PCP and had a bunch of tests that came back normal. I had a couple different mental health assessments and was referred to counseling or crisis if needed. I have medication for anxiety attacks as needed.I usually keep my mind busy with hobbies or work. It usually tapers off at the end of the day and resets every morning. Some days are better than others. I hope you feel better soon.
Mine started around 2 months ago. I went to the doctors multiple times and twice to the ER. all tests came back normal. Doc diagnosed me with GAD. Some days I can't get rid of it. It feels as if my life is going downhill. mine starts at night and is there constantly I can feel it while I'm sleeping. sleepless night go on and on and i don't think i can do it anymore.

R

Rider52

Mine started around 2 months ago. I went to the doctors multiple times and twice to the ER. all tests came back normal. Doc diagnosed me with GAD. Some days I can't get rid of it. It feels as if my life is going downhill. mine starts at night and is there constantly I can feel it while I'm sleeping. sleepless night go on and on and i don't think i can do it anymore.
I did the same thing. Mine started after a viral infection. I went to the ER with weakness, cough, and anxiety. They ran a bunch of tests and didn't find anything serious. Physically I feel better, but the anxiety has been a problem still. I followed up with my PCP and had mental health assessments. They referred me to counseling or crisis if needed. I live with it everyday. It's like I'm stressed out and I shouldn't be. Some nights I sleep good and other nights I wake up a lot. My dreams can be vivid at times.

DMARXX

DMARXX

I did the same thing. Mine started after a viral infection. I went to the ER with weakness, cough, and anxiety. They ran a bunch of tests and didn't find anything serious. Physically I feel better, but the anxiety has been a problem still. I followed up with my PCP and had mental health assessments. They referred me to counseling or crisis if needed. I live with it everyday. It's like I'm stressed out and I shouldn't be. Some nights I sleep good and other nights I wake up a lot. My dreams can be vivid at times.
Mine started with a migraine. then developed into full-blown anxiety. Although, back then I didn't know how anxiety felt. Never have I had these feelings in my body and head before. after a month of it, I realized I'm not normal. It's like physical anxiety without the anxious thoughts part. I just want a normal night's sleep but I guess I can't have that either.

S

Shay94

I havea few if those symptoms lot of the time bit mostly due to work atm. I get shaky, hot/Cold, nausea, stomach tightening, insomnia some nights, constantly tired from waking up lots at night, overthinking worst outcomes of shit etc. I absolutely hate it n hoping to book docs appt tomorrow for meds etc

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Yes -everything on that list apart from the burning skin!
Palpitations have been particularly bad this week. I'm not really sure why, although I have started to convince myself it's because I have heart problems due to being more inactive than usual because of lockdown.Which of course raises anxiety levels and makes it worse!

J

Julie41

Yes -everything on that list apart from the burning skin!
Palpitations have been particularly bad this week. I'm not really sure why, although I have started to convince myself it's because I have heart problems due to being more inactive than usual because of lockdown.Which of course raises anxiety levels and makes it worse!
Hi
I’m the same I also believe l have heart problems
Due to palpitations, fluttering etc
I know anxiety does this also but like you I’m not active at the moment & a bit overweight so I’m convinced it’s heart problems
Had it for ages & all the other symptoms So scary
X