• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxiety disorder at work -Really need help from you

J

Jessica 2009

Hello,

I work in sales and have done for a while, I have a pretty good job and I have managed to hide anxiety from work people incase I look like a looser, what happens though is it takes over and I have such a tough time inside.

I have a 4 day intensive negoatiation course coming up and its making me feel sick to the stomach. Its so bad I wish I could pack my job in or my lottery ticket would have come in so I didnt have to go....its silly really I know it is.

Constant self doubt creeps in...will I get the maths wrong, will I be able to keep up and will people think I am stupid and be found out for doing a job which I am not good enough to do.
When on the course I will spend more time thinking about it than actually learning then I do look stupid.

I cant cope with it and I feel like I am the only one that feels like this.

I just want somebody to tell me they have managed to overcome this and what I can do to prepare for this horrible course.

My husband thinks I being ridiculous and I ahve been to some alternative therapies which worked short term and then I lapse back into this negative thinking.

Hope to hear

Thanks

Jessica

J

just.me

Negative thinking is part of depression, are you receiving medication for it at all.

Have you thought about some kind of breathing exercises?

You are obviously able and capable enough or you wouldn't be going on the course.

Is there something in your life that has brought this on, the self-doubts about your ability?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K I am New. I have had Major depress Disorder and anxiety for 15 years.I am on lots or of med and need people to talk to who understand. Introduce Yourself 5
W (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) & Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
D Anxiety/Panic disorder/ADD and ... vertigo? Introduce Yourself 4
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
9 Panic disorder, anxiety and agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 6
L Hi, I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 1
D Anxiety Disorder Introduce Yourself 1
C paranoid skizophrenic and suffering generalised anxiety disorder Introduce Yourself 2
S hey! uni student struggling with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 2
S Lawyer with depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 12
D severe anxiety Introduce Yourself 17
A New to forums and anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
M Im new here i have bpd, servere anxiety and depression. Introduce Yourself 7
D Depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Introduce Yourself 2
M Anxiety & gambling Introduce Yourself 1
O Newbie - Binge Eating and Anxiety/Depression Introduce Yourself 1
M 47 year old male suffering from bipolar and social anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
A Sick of the anxiety controlling my life Introduce Yourself 19
S Waking with extreme anxiety Introduce Yourself 10
S Newbie, 25y f. with anxiety and mild depression problems Introduce Yourself 14
W Help!! I have just started taking sertraline and am finding the increased anxiety a severe problem how can I get around this? Introduce Yourself 5
J Hello - Physical Symptoms of Anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
D New and scared. Anxiety in the mornings Introduce Yourself 6
B Pandemic anxiety Introduce Yourself 7
S Hi Everyone - Looking to Connect w/ fellow social anxiety sufferers Introduce Yourself 3
BeanPeach Teen daughter just diagnosed with ocd and anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
J Anxiety, maybe ROCD and new on fluoxetine Introduce Yourself 4
R Anxiety no friends Introduce Yourself 5
J Anxiety is killing me Introduce Yourself 4
K Greetings - my anxiety made a great come back! Introduce Yourself 11
spacebunny Back to forums - Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
H Hi im new here and im suffering with severe health anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
D Anxiety issues. Introduce Yourself 7
DepressedAngel New panic, depressed and anxiety stricken human here to introduce myself Introduce Yourself 15
A New looking for advice for my wifes anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
F Hello! Im new here i have many mental problems like anxiety and fatigued all time. Any other? Introduce Yourself 5
T Anxiety/panic and Grief Introduce Yourself 9
A Anxiety and recovering from an ED. Introduce Yourself 6
C Hello! I'm paralysed by anxiety and stress. Introduce Yourself 2
E Anxiety and panic attacks Introduce Yourself 12
ipanema Trying to cope with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 3
N Anxiety ridden father. Introduce Yourself 9
H My deppression and Anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
A Hi There - Psychosis, Depression and Anxiety Introduce Yourself 31
J New to anxiety and feeling lost Introduce Yourself 9
M hey guys im new here im having issues with anxiety, stress and Deja Vu any help would be great Introduce Yourself 4
K I hope I get good advice how to heal my anxiety Introduce Yourself 7
Falling_Fixation Anxiety, OCD, EDNOS Introduce Yourself 1
D Positive story of overcoming my severe brain fog and anxiety issues Introduce Yourself 4
7 71 and Still Suffering from Anxiety/Panic Attacks Introduce Yourself 22