• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anxiety disorder at work -Really need help from you

J

Jessica 2009

Hello,

I work in sales and have done for a while, I have a pretty good job and I have managed to hide anxiety from work people incase I look like a looser, what happens though is it takes over and I have such a tough time inside.

I have a 4 day intensive negoatiation course coming up and its making me feel sick to the stomach. Its so bad I wish I could pack my job in or my lottery ticket would have come in so I didnt have to go....its silly really I know it is.

Constant self doubt creeps in...will I get the maths wrong, will I be able to keep up and will people think I am stupid and be found out for doing a job which I am not good enough to do.
When on the course I will spend more time thinking about it than actually learning then I do look stupid.

I cant cope with it and I feel like I am the only one that feels like this.

I just want somebody to tell me they have managed to overcome this and what I can do to prepare for this horrible course.

My husband thinks I being ridiculous and I ahve been to some alternative therapies which worked short term and then I lapse back into this negative thinking.

Hope to hear

Thanks

Jessica

J

just.me

Negative thinking is part of depression, are you receiving medication for it at all.

Have you thought about some kind of breathing exercises?

You are obviously able and capable enough or you wouldn't be going on the course.

Is there something in your life that has brought this on, the self-doubts about your ability?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S diagnosed with general anxiety disorder after stopping smoking Introduce Yourself 15
D Hi my name is dawn, just joined and I have an anxiety disorder. Introduce Yourself 16
P Generalized Anxiety Disorder/Constant Worry about the stupidest things/never sleep well Introduce Yourself 5
P New User. Generalized Anxiety Disorder which makes me worry CONSTANTLY. Introduce Yourself 14
K I am New. I have had Major depress Disorder and anxiety for 15 years.I am on lots or of med and need people to talk to who understand. Introduce Yourself 5
W (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) & Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
D Anxiety/Panic disorder/ADD and ... vertigo? Introduce Yourself 4
L Hi I've joined as I struggle with anxiety and depression. I'm also supporting my 18yr daughter with an eating disorder. She's in denial. Introduce Yourself 6
9 Panic disorder, anxiety and agoraphobia Introduce Yourself 6
L Hi, I have social anxiety and bipolar disorder Introduce Yourself 1
D Anxiety Disorder Introduce Yourself 1
C paranoid skizophrenic and suffering generalised anxiety disorder Introduce Yourself 2
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
A Anxiety disorder. Introduce Yourself 9
C Health anxiety/eating disorder Introduce Yourself 7
E Generalised anxiety disorder and panic disorder Introduce Yourself 9
K Hi, my name is Jordan and I have an anxiety disorder. Introduce Yourself 1
J Generalized anxiety disorder Introduce Yourself 3
D Eating disorder/depression anxiety help For you Introduce Yourself 3
S Bipolar disorder type 2, severe social anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 5
twowolves Hey guys, I have anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, depersonalization and panic disorder. Introduce Yourself 5
M Holiday Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
R Anxiety Since Starting Pizotifen Introduce Yourself 2
K Health anxiety Introduce Yourself 11
S Has anyone else developed anxiety & depression after taking prescribed zomorph for years for chronic pain Introduce Yourself 11
L Looking for support and advice on anxiety Introduce Yourself 35
S Nearly lifelong anxiety issues Introduce Yourself 9
D Hi all i have suffered with anxiety on and off for 30 years Introduce Yourself 11
M Apophenia/Coincidences/Perceived Patterns leading to anxiety Introduce Yourself 1
D Dizziness, Panic Attacks, Shaking, Anxiety Introduce Yourself 8
T Hello Everyone -2nd Battle of Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
J Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
K Hello everybody, I have a condition called anxiety Introduce Yourself 15
C New to Anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
L Ocd/anxiety/retroactive jealousy Introduce Yourself 33
R Health anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
C Social Anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
D Health anxiety is pulling me down Introduce Yourself 5
darknutmeg Dealing with Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
Shenon Another anxiety sufferer Introduce Yourself 10
F just need to express my severe anxiety and emotional issues Introduce Yourself 6
O Major depression and general anxiety Introduce Yourself 13
M Suffering from health anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
F anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
S Anxiety sufferer looking for a friendly chat. Introduce Yourself 12
R I struggle with derealization, anxiety depression Introduce Yourself 4
R I think I am broken. Getting help for my anxiety and ect is causing me anxiety. Introduce Yourself 8
T Health Anxiety, So ready to give up, I physically ache with pain and depression! Introduce Yourself 15
K Health Anxiety & GAD Introduce Yourself 18
Dragonfly111 New here, health anxiety, recent losses in family Introduce Yourself 8