• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

anxiety disorder and obsessive bad thoughts

M

mrtechnojay

hi, i am new to this and i just need reassurance, i have had anxiety for a long time now but i feel i am easily wound up with the obsessive thoughts i get like something is telling me am gonna go crazy or die and i fear it and i keep on trying to find something to distract by attention seeking and for about a year now i feel my anxiety getting deeper, i see like my mind is spinning round in a circle, i see flashes from nowhere, and when the attack comes on i hallucinate n panic but i have been strong to stop my rapid heartbeat and shortness of breath, but i still keep panicing about what if this and what if that, but last week i got the shakes and sweats and horrible fear but it passed and now my mind is reassuring me everything is going to be ok and sometimes i think that i should just let anxiety manifest but i keep on blocking it out to manifest but my brain is telling me i should let it happen as it is only going to pass and its natural response for the body to protect itself but its those thoughts that are scary, it keeps telling me its gonna cause lung problems, but i know i don't have any lung problems because i would know if i did, now when i sleep and when i wake up sudden a feel like someone is smurthering me and i gasp for air and it sometimes worrys me but i don't feel any threat, so i would like to know if someone has had this kind of experience and would be good to be reassured again, thanks:)

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi mrtechnojay, welcome to the forum.

You sound like you have good insight to this.

To say you have had the shakes, sweats and fear and it passes, is a positive and reassuring experience; the body releasing built up tension from the mind so as the thoughts become calmer.

I haven't had much experience of this but know it helps to connect and talk. Perhaps speak to your GP about this.

Energy, thoughts and emotions are stored in the muscles so anything to change the state of your muscles should help with panicking. *Focused, slow abdominal breathing can help, as can yoga.*

Hope this helps and all the best to you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jajingna Is an anxiety disorder also a nervous disorder? Anxiety Forum 1
jajingna Nearly 20% of American adults have an anxiety disorder? Anxiety Forum 2
catmommy An unusual anxiety disorder Anxiety Forum 9
D General Anxiety Disorder. Anxiety Forum 5
M How can I tell if I have anxiety/panic disorder? Anxiety Forum 2
R House anxiety, General compulsive disorder and "things beyond" control solution Anxiety Forum 3
S Anxiety disorder Anxiety Forum 9
M Generalised (GAD) or social anxiety disorder Anxiety Forum 2
T Relationship Anxiety/ Generalized Anxiety Disorder Anxiety Forum 10
J Venting about anxiety and eating disorder Anxiety Forum 3
D Anxious my anxiety and stress will trigger mental disorder Anxiety Forum 6
Mr S Anxiety and dissociation disorder. Anxiety Forum 3
Alice Raven Husband suffers from anxiety and bipolar disorder Anxiety Forum 2
L Fatigue and insomnia as the only symptoms of Generalised Anxiety Disorder? Anxiety Forum 3
R GAD ( Generalized Anxiety Disorder ) Anxiety Forum 10
R Could this be an anxiety disorder? Anxiety Forum 1
C Social anxiety Disorder- Job and Relationship Anxiety Forum 1
F Service Dog for Anxiety Disorder Anxiety Forum 6
M Please help! I think I’m getting my anxiety disorder back again! Anxiety Forum 3
H Anxiety Disorder? Or am I Just Dramatic? Anxiety Forum 1
J What’s the best treatment for generalised anxiety disorder Anxiety Forum 4
K Panic Disorder/Anxiety Issues & Help? Anxiety Forum 2
S Anxiety and panic disorder Anxiety Forum 3
T Living with fiance who has a generalized anxiety disorder, not sure if I can continue, need advice Anxiety Forum 3
S My complete anxiety disorder story. what to do now? Anxiety Forum 1
S Separation Anxiety Disorder as a child Anxiety Forum 2
M Anxiety disorder and now dealing with a cheating partner Anxiety Forum 1
A My friend has anxiety disorder. I need help. Anxiety Forum 1
M Please help.. drug induced anxiety disorder?? Anxiety Forum 1
lady-ribbon Having really scary physical side effects to my anxiety disorder Anxiety Forum 5
N Anxiety disorder or worse? Anxiety Forum 1
B Talking to imaginary people caused by anxiety disorder Anxiety Forum 2
LORD BURT My Mental Health Vlog #1 Dissociative Disorder Psychiatric Assessment and Anxiety Anxiety Forum 1
C Gernalised anxiety disorder (gad) Anxiety Forum 5
Gajolene Social Anxiety Disorder Linked to High Serotonin Levels, Anxiety Forum 9
T What kind of anxiety disorder is this? Anxiety Forum 3
R Do I suffer from an anxiety disorder? Anxiety Forum 18
L Triggers, is this anxiety disorder? Anxiety Forum 2
M Is derealism part of an anxiety disorder? Anxiety Forum 1
T Do I have an Anxiety Disorder? Anxiety Forum 3
F Depressive anxiety disorder, or borderline personality disorder - and it's effect on normality? Anxiety Forum 9
K Anxiety/aggression/mood disorder Anxiety Forum 2
F I just found out that my friend is dealing with "Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood" Anxiety Forum 6
B Anxiety - Paranoid Personality Disorder Anxiety Forum 1
D Anxiety Disorder With Police Involvement Called Spite from a Truck Load of Women and Loss of a Few Men through Wiillpower Disintegration from Workshop Anxiety Forum 11
A Depression, anxiety, eating disorder, self harm.. I need advice :/ Anxiety Forum 2
M Possible anxiety disorder? Anxiety Forum 3
B Anxiety disorder or not? Anxiety Forum 1
T Anxiety at night Anxiety Forum 3
P Anxiety and depression from failed relationships Anxiety Forum 2