Anxiety disabilities

J

jamesdean

Whot are some of the things that you cannot do when feeling anxious I cannot buttter my bread, open my mail i cannot open a bin liner there are a whole host of other things but I cannot think right now I just thought about it to see if other people have the same difficulties when they are anxious anotherone I cannot even do my trainers up n they are only velcro

Jo1760

Jo1760

I didn't realise just how much i was effected by anxiety until I was prescribed an antidepressant which made everything worse and people around me started to notice. When I’m in a particularly depressed or anxious state I find I cant get out the car if there are other people watching so I’d leave really early for work to make sure I was the 1st in. Other things that effected me were sending emails and texts. I’d read them bk continuously encase I’d made a mistake or made myself sound silly. I also stutter when I’m particularly down which is something I never ever do normally and I guess the normal things like not wanting to walk into a room with others esp at work, not eating in front of other people. There are many others but these are the main things I notice if i'm particularly down.

J

jamesdean

I wouldnt even be able to drive a car anymore and I loved driving I'm just to nervous the last time I drove was in 2007, it just freaked me out so much.

Jo1760

Jo1760

JD, I hope in the future you are able to get back into a car. If i'm out and become upset or something happens to bring me down i'll often go for a drive. Having that time out of the house and on my own is something I need, without having to explain myself or try and make someone else understand why I feel the way I do.

X

J

jamesdean

No I wouldnt feel safe at the wheel, I just couldnt cordinate all the actions neaded and the concentrating not to mention indicating no thanks that ones gone away a long time ago plus with all the meds I wouldnt trust myself and then thers the worry of having a hypo. Lrt someone else do the driving and when I win the lottery I will employ a driver.

Jo1760

Jo1760

That is a sensible if your not sure how you would react. I'll keep my fingers cross for you on Saturday night during the lottery!!

X