Anxiety/depression so hard at the moment

B

blues82

I have suffered anxiety and depression on/off 14 years. I find it hard at times to manage and over the last 18 months even harder. I work and have two children. I have a good husband and a handful of good friends. But my mum seems to not understand which hurts as I wish we were closer. Currently off work due to having such a rough time and honestly don’t want to go back. I feel someone at work doesn’t like me keeps calling me in for meetings etc it makes my brain go into overdrive and I start to think of all the bad things ie loose my job although I haven’t done anything wrong. I currently started a course and feel like giving it in as well as my job. I used to like to go out shopping but all I want to do is stay in and most of the time hide in my bed I feel so low i could just cry. My gp is ok but doesn’t say much and just keeps saying it will be ok. I just don’t how to get myself out of this blip I feel awful and I take it out on the ones I love.
I can’t afford to leave my job that would be just an added extra to worry about if I didn’t have the income coming in we wouldn’t get any help as my husband earns too much. I just feel at a loss

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. It is so hard at times isn't it? I remember the depression being like this. Your GP sounds like rubbish to me as he should have taken you more seriously. Has anything triggered this? Can you remember what might have happened to make this occur now? I know how hard it is to stay strong in the face of depression, but also that you are stronger than you realise. Can you see another doctor?

Z

ZelphaRae

Wow... a lot of what you are saying I can relate to. I struggled with dep/anxiety for years before I finally started seeing a psychiatrist and a counselor. I too struggled with my job. High stress, but needed the pay and benefits. I went on FMLA and tried to return after a 1 month leave. Things didn't get better and I ended up using Short term disability that my company offered. Does your company have a good benefits package that could help with finances while you take time for yourself?

B

blues82

:welcome: to the forum. It is so hard at times isn't it? I remember the depression being like this. Your GP sounds like rubbish to me as he should have taken you more seriously. Has anything triggered this? Can you remember what might have happened to make this occur now? I know how hard it is to stay strong in the face of depression, but also that you are stronger than you realise. Can you see another doctor?
I think work is the trigger feeling not liked. I’m tired of thinking about it to b honest. I’m seeing someone from a mental health team next week I’m hoping they will support me. I can’t vhange docs I have tried

B

blues82

Wow... a lot of what you are saying I can relate to. I struggled with dep/anxiety for years before I finally started seeing a psychiatrist and a counselor. I too struggled with my job. High stress, but needed the pay and benefits. I went on FMLA and tried to return after a 1 month leave. Things didn't get better and I ended up using Short term disability that my company offered. Does your company have a good benefits package that could help with finances while you take time for yourself?
I have sick pay from work but don’t want to be off too long as my anxiety then takes in going back. I just don’t know what to do I don’t want to leave but I feel maybe I should as it’s not good for me but then I’m not sure if I’m anxiety takes over. I have had an ok day been with family but I’m so tired I feel my brain never switches off. I’m on mirtazipine but this helps me sleep but I’m not seeing it help my depression all I get from gp is give the medication time

BillHLovespoll

BillHLovespoll

I am exactly the same if you read my thread, im scared of going back as well, if you want to talk to someone im here

M

MT1

I have suffered anxiety and depression on/off 14 years. I find it hard at times to manage and over the last 18 months even harder. I work and have two children. I have a good husband and a handful of good friends. But my mum seems to not understand which hurts as I wish we were closer. Currently off work due to having such a rough time and honestly don’t want to go back. I feel someone at work doesn’t like me keeps calling me in for meetings etc it makes my brain go into overdrive and I start to think of all the bad things ie loose my job although I haven’t done anything wrong. I currently started a course and feel like giving it in as well as my job. I used to like to go out shopping but all I want to do is stay in and most of the time hide in my bed I feel so low i could just cry. My gp is ok but doesn’t say much and just keeps saying it will be ok. I just don’t how to get myself out of this blip I feel awful and I take it out on the ones I love.
I can’t afford to leave my job that would be just an added extra to worry about if I didn’t have the income coming in we wouldn’t get any help as my husband earns too much. I just feel at a loss

I know how it feels but when someone suffers from anxiety and with time it is more painful than ever before. One of my friends experiencing the same situation but now he is able to manage it. He tries hypnotherapy that helps them to manage their anxious behavior and they also use self-hypnosis to calm down. If you are tried it I suggest you to try it. It might be helpful for you also.