• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anxiety, depression and ocd

W

Wantobehappy

Hi all, I hope this post reaches you all well.

using this as part of a vent and to let off how I am feeling. For the last month I have been really focusing on my breathing and I feel as though something is not right. I manually am controlling every breath I take and feeling my stomach contract and expand. I am googling every possible symptom I have (stupid I know and getting worried with what I am finding and convincing myself everyday that I have new deadly condition.

My sleeping pattern is really messed up, I cannot sleep at night due to worrying and overthinking. Last night was the toughest night yet and really could of have ended it, but I didn’t. I feel as though my anxiety, depression and ocd now are all working together as a nasty team as such and it is really taking its toll on me. I was just want to be happy and normal.

S

Snowfall 62

Hi all, I hope this post reaches you all well.

using this as part of a vent and to let off how I am feeling. For the last month I have been really focusing on my breathing and I feel as though something is not right. I manually am controlling every breath I take and feeling my stomach contract and expand. I am googling every possible symptom I have (stupid I know and getting worried with what I am finding and convincing myself everyday that I have new deadly condition.

My sleeping pattern is really messed up, I cannot sleep at night due to worrying and overthinking. Last night was the toughest night yet and really could of have ended it, but I didn’t. I feel as though my anxiety, depression and ocd now are all working together as a nasty team as such and it is really taking its toll on me. I was just want to be happy and normal.
I can completely understand the desire to feel happy, normal or like your old self again.
Just having peace of mind and just going through a day without the consuming racing thoughts would be wonderful. No anxiety and dread to make you feel uneasy inside but just enjoying the day. Then being able to go to bed and sleep would be nice but the thoughts, worries, depression and anxieties takes that away. You must be so tired and beaten down. I'm starting to sleep a little better at night but I can understand being so used up but still not being able to sleep.
Have you talked to your doctor or a counselor about all you're going through? I also hope there's a loved one or a friend who can be of support for you. I've shared this before but I know there's members in this forum who can give you a lot of great info on to where to get help to meet your needs, 24/7 phone numbers etc...
My heart goes out for you. If you can get outside... just breathe...look around you...
take in whatever is happening around you... maybe even go for a walk. God bless you.

HLon99

HLon99

Wow, that sounds pretty unpleasant. Although I never experienced this to that level, a few months ago I was taken to the hospital for a suspected heart attack. The tests came back negative and the doctor gave me an all clear clean bill of health. But for several days after I was afraid of falling asleep in fear of my heart stopping and not being able to breathe. I overcame this by doing controlled breathing exercises and meditation. Strongly advice you to do the same.