Anxiety Chest Pains 24/7 help!

Y

YourBoyWyn

Hey everyone so here's the story.

So over 2 years ago I was abusing drugs such as cocaine, ecstasy and much more. I ended up overdosing and during this time I blacked out and had a very vivid dream. In the dream I had a very realistic and painful heart attack and felt it all. Upon waking up I had the worst chest pain EVER! I finally go released from hospital with the all clear but the chest pain never went away, ever after these 2 years I'm still struggling with bad chest pain, palpitations, pain in shoulders, back, left arm and pretty much all the heart attack symptoms. The thing is I've been checked so many times, had ECGs, blood tests and even seen a cardiologist twice and have a heart scan. Everything keeps coming back fine. They said the pains much to due to anxiety but I never feel anxious. I'm getting really frustrated because the pains are severe and finding it hard to believe it's not physical and it's just mental. Any advice? Meds aren't helping (Anti- anxiety & depression). Perhaps this is all just anxiety I just find it very hard to believe because of the circumstances and the nature of why this has all happened. The chest pains are extremely painful and I haven't found anything to ease them as of yet. Could anyone please give me some advice and if anyone else has had this before, how did you manage to stop these pains. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to learn you're suffering, I think you did the smart thing by having your doctors check thoroughly for signs of any health problem.

I certainly can't offer a diagnosis or explain what's causing this pain in your chest. As you've come here seeking some information, I'm happy to share some that I found useful that seems related.

Understanding Anxiety Chest Pain

I hope you find it helpful.
Anxiety-caused pain may not come with other typical anxiety symptoms.

K

Kay88

Hey everyone so here's the story.

So over 2 years ago I was abusing drugs such as cocaine, ecstasy and much more. I ended up overdosing and during this time I blacked out and had a very vivid dream. In the dream I had a very realistic and painful heart attack and felt it all. Upon waking up I had the worst chest pain EVER! I finally go released from hospital with the all clear but the chest pain never went away, ever after these 2 years I'm still struggling with bad chest pain, palpitations, pain in shoulders, back, left arm and pretty much all the heart attack symptoms. The thing is I've been checked so many times, had ECGs, blood tests and even seen a cardiologist twice and have a heart scan. Everything keeps coming back fine. They said the pains much to due to anxiety but I never feel anxious. I'm getting really frustrated because the pains are severe and finding it hard to believe it's not physical and it's just mental. Any advice? Meds aren't helping (Anti- anxiety & depression). Perhaps this is all just anxiety I just find it very hard to believe because of the circumstances and the nature of why this has all happened. The chest pains are extremely painful and I haven't found anything to ease them as of yet. Could anyone please give me some advice and if anyone else has had this before, how did you manage to stop these pains. Thank you.
Hi yourboywyn

I suffer with anxiety and depression.
I get really bad chest pains and I always think am going to have a heart attack and die. The chest pains can be really severe, tight and really sharp but I have had ecgs, blood tests ect and the doctors think it's all physiological and not physical at all. I can't help thinking in the back of my head that it's more than just in my head but I need to relax and not stress so much over it or I could end up having a heart attack.

I think it's just physiological for you also and anxiety. I know you said you haven't got anxiety but you can be anxious and not realize it's anxiety, also you said about the dream. I think cos of the dream it's playing on your mind and that is anxiety. Try not to worry the doctors have done all relevant tests and there's no evidence of anything sinister going on.