Anxiety caused by vitamin supplements...?

ElDorado

ElDorado

I recently started taking vitamin b-12 as I'm tired most of the day and was looking for ways to increase my productivity. However, it seems as if ever since I started taking them, my anxiety has got considerably worse.

I have gone back to the person I was last year and have been pushing my friends away. I also noticed a lot of phlegm building up in my throat when I'm in social situations, which hasn't happened to me for a long time. I haven't thought of self-harming since around 4 years ago, but it all came flooding back and I don't want to do anything I'll regret.

I'm not actually sure if it's the vitamins causing the increase in anxiety or just the fact that I'm not being kept busy during the day so I have more time to over-think unnecessary things.

Anyway, has anyone else had similar experiences with increased anxiety after taking vitamins? I'm going to stop taking them for a while and see if my anxiety gets better.

Takana

Takana

natural energy

Hello ElDarado,
I used to take vitamin b12 for my energy levels but I also found my anxiety levels went through the roof so I came off those straight away. Natural food sources would be more beneficial to your energy levels, foods like oranges for the vitamin c, walnuts for the omega 3 levels or chia seeds for the protein which will breakdown as energy, and when your energy is stabilised the mind usually follows.

Namaste

ElDorado

ElDorado

Hello ElDarado,
I used to take vitamin b12 for my energy levels but I also found my anxiety levels went through the roof so I came off those straight away. Natural food sources would be more beneficial to your energy levels, foods like oranges for the vitamin c, walnuts for the omega 3 levels or chia seeds for the protein which will breakdown as energy, and when your energy is stabilised the mind usually follows.

Namaste
Ah I see, so I wasn't just imagining my anxiety getting worse, that's a relief to hear. I will definitely eat more natural foods, thanks!

Takana

Takana

Hi ElDodado,
Not you wasn't in your imagination but some of those products don't give you much info about who can use it, if you find it difficult or if its costing abit to much money most health shops do vegan/vegetarian powder which you can mix in water or juice, not always the best tasting but better than taking pills.

Ps. Sorry if sound like a teacher I'm just passionate about good nutrition.

Namaste