Anxiety,Bowel movement phobia during social situations

J

jackcater20

I noticed this 5-6 months ago and it keeps getting worse and worse. The this is that pressure,anxiety triggers bowel movements in many people, well I'm one of them. Basically I'm constantly under pressure in social situations that I will have to go to the toilet and maybe I won't find one and this pressure sometimes grows into anxiety attack and triggers bowel movements which are mostly unexpected. I really didn't want to talk about this stuff as it's not very comfortable but this anxiety attacks keep getting stronger. Any ideas what I can do?

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Hi welcome to the forum Jackcater20.
I think you should see a doctor. I know it's hard but that's the only way you can get help you deserve. :hug:

O

ozma aveisan

hey i have the same thing. you may all laugh, but way i deal with it is i always drive, never take public transport and always park my car near where i am. In there i keep a portable toilet, the thought if that being there and accessible is calming me down. Or.... another thing, if you go somewhere , although i dont do it, but it may help in critical situations, to wear adult size diaper. Im not joking, if your phobia causes you to have panic attacks, any little tricks like that will let you get comfortable knowing you have a "back up plan"

D

DyingUpInHere

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm guessing that if Beldar getting his teeth capped was removed for being "...distasteful...", then this will too. I really don't understand this snowflake mentality. But aside from that, I never move my bowels in public. I would never sit on a toilet seat others have sat on. Unless it's my psychiatrists upstairs bathroom. I'm used to the place since I've been going there for six years.

D

DyingUpInHere

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I just can't get enough of all of this. Thought of another one. Another reason moving your bowels in public could be problematic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Phobia Forum 2
F Phobia Forum 2