• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anxiety Attacks

R

Rider52

I keep hearing voices that wake me up. I've been told that this is normal with some people and not a sign of mental illness. If it's when you're awake than that's different. I'm worried though since it's almost every night while trying to sleep. My anxiety isn't bad at times. The last few days I've been really struggling with anxiety and not feeling myself. This has been going on for months and I just feel uncomfortable. I still stay busy and take care of myself. I feel like this is taking over who I am. Like I dont experience as much pleasure from anything or have the ambition I had before. tried so many different things to help myself and still struggle. I've tried getting professional help a few times since this started and I didn't get anywhere. Mental health services are pretty limited here. I don't know if my PCP can help or not. I may try another local hospital soon.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Is it a few words or more than that? I have the odd word or two, but not every night. It is unnerving. I don't think it is normal for people without a mental illness to hear voices.

R

Rider52

Is it a few words or more than that? I have the odd word or two, but not every night. It is unnerving. I don't think it is normal for people without a mental illness to hear voices.
It's just a few words or odd sounds coming out of a sleep or falling asleep. Once I'm awake it stops. I keep asking about it, but it just upsets me wondering what's up.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Even thought i have a diagnosis, i still don't really know what it is, who it is, why. It still is at the back of my mind all of the time.

It must be difficult for you, i do understand. One day you will meet a doctor who will be more helpful.